Chapter Fifteen - Family aquantances and small conversations

Chapter Fifteen

Billie:

Beginning to regret the idea of going to my parents while Ella went shopping; my stepdad breathing down my neck.

"Why are you always yourself in trouble?"

"It's hardly trouble, I mean how hard can a baby be y'know."

"You can't support yourself let alone a child!"

"My mom seemed to do a pretty damn good job before you so I think I'll be fine."

Turning to see her standing in the door way as she utters "I do wish you two would just get on for a change; Billie, stop sulking and he's bringing you a grandchild the Least you could do is act like your happy!"

Mumbling an apology to each other as she sits down continuing to talk "Now a friendly conversation."

My stepdad sighing "So heard anything new?"

"Not really, I guess it all comes later down the line y'know."

A knock on the door hearing Ella's voice "Hello? Sorry Billie said I could come in."

"It's alright love."

Her grin getting bigger "Billie I want you to meet someone; this is my older brother Matt."

Flinching as he laughs "What are doing?"

"Let's just say the male side of your family don't really dig me."

He throws his arm around me "Tell me you like the Ramones?"

"Who doesn't."

"We're gonna get on just fine."

Staring at him with a raised eyebrow "so you know about y'know."

"Pfft yeah look at you it's going to be damn cute." Feeling flattered as Ella says "he's come to stay for a while before heading back to Australia." Nodding as I wave goodbye.

Kissing her on the head, walking into the kitchen as she takes Matt into the living room; her voice a little agitated as she shouts "Billie can you please clean up after yourself!" Entering the Same room before replying "Don't get all hormonal on me now."

"I'm serious just do it."

Looking over to her brother mimicking her behind her back; his laugh giving me away receiving a slap on the arm. Smirking these next weeks were going to be fun.

~*~ 4 months later ~*~

Billie:

Waking up beside her running my hand across her belly feeling a tiny bump; making a tingle of excitement go up my spine. Walking my fingers across her abdomen waking her up as she says sleepily "You two are going to be as bad as each other you know that."
Resting my head on her as I whisper "Don't listen to her she'll destroy our plan." She rolls her eyes as I continue talking "Anyway kiddo hope your cosy in there and don't tell your mom but I hope your a boy so your grandad has someone else to scare apart from daddy." Feeling her stomach jiggle as she giggles; her brother bursting in as he freezes "I'm not interrupting am I? I-i-it's just I going to town and wondered if you'd like anything."

Grinning as we shake our heads "thanks Matt." He'd slowly moved in the last couple of months but it didn't bother me at least I had someone to talk to who wasn't mentally chocking me.