NWA

DAWN OPENS HER EYES TO SEE
nothing but the same white ceiling that she saw each and everyday that she opened her eyes, she slowly sits up and stares blankly at the mirror that sat across from her on the dresser that was next to her walk in closet. Her eyes widen once she remembers that she actually had something to do today - that's a first.

How could she forget that she was supposed to meet Robyn in the studio at three o'clock today, she closes her eyes before slowly turning her head to look at the alarm clock that sat on her old tv. Please don't be three, please don't be.. she pleads to herself before opening her eyes again.

3:37.

''No,'' she drawls as she stands up quick, running to her closet and pulling out a red flannel shirt, black jeans and a pair of black boots that she quickly slides on. She would most likely regret this later, but she didn't even shower first. ''Come on, Dawn, hurry up.'' she races downstairs, grabbing her car keys and running out the front door.

The girl arrives to the studio session at exactly four seventeen, she was a full hour and seventeen minutes late and she was definitely not making a good first impression from what she was wearing, how she tripped and stumbled every few seconds because of the shoes that were three sizes too big, and her hair that just looked like a big mess on top of her head.

Dawn runs to the elevator, entering it just before the door could completely close, the men look at her as if she had two heads and she gives them a small smile, leaning her head against the wall as she tries to catch her breath.

1

2

3

Dawn sighs, it seemed like the elevator would never get to number seven, she stops and thinks for a while, turning to the tall chineese man. ''Are you all going to floor seven?''

He shakes his head no. ''Floor ten.'' He answers and Dawn nods slowly, looking up at the ceiling as she bites her tongue hard to stop herself from letting out a frustrated scream.

Three minutes later, she was out of the elevator and her eyes scan the numbers on the doors, looking for number 17. Her face lights up once she finally does, she opens the door. ''I am so sorry that I'm late, but I didn't set my alarm and - who are you?''

In the middle of the room stood a white male around his early fifties with light brown shades to cover his eyes. He crosses his arms in front of his chest, looking at the girl. ''I think I should be asking you that question.''

''My name is Dawn, and I'm supposed to be meeting someone by the name of Robyn at three in this --

He cuts her off before she could finish her sentence. ''Three,'' he repeats, pointing at a clock at the side of the room. ''It's four twenty five. I think your session is over.''

Just as he says that, the door opens and Dawn turns around hoping that it was Robyn, but instead five men walk in, now she was really trying to fight back a scream as she realises who they were.

Her favorite group NWA was standing directly in front of her, and they were looking at her like she was in the wrong room - and she kind of was. ''Who's this, Jerry?'' Cube asks, nodding his head towards her.

Jerry shrugs. ''I think she was just leaving actually.'' He tells him and she makes eye contact with her favorite of the group - Dre. ''Her session was over at three.''

Yella laughs, looking at the clock. ''I think you a little too late if you was supposed to be here at three.'' He informs and she nods, finally taking her eyes away from the man. ''Plus, the acting auditions take place across the hall in the room there.'' He points behind them at a door that read: Acting Auditions.