14

The boys were sitted in one corner of the masjid and were surrounded by all sorts of textbooks. The national exam was almost upon them and all three of them had goals they had to achieve and marks they had to attain. To think that the four years had flown by all too fast and these three were almost onto university was almost like a dream to all of them but one that they didn't want to wake up from. Because of their highschool, these three boys had met and influenced each other into being the best muslim young men they could possibly be. They had taught each other the religion and stuck by one another through out all the four years. When Umar's mother passed away and his dad dragged to prison, Khaleed and Muhammad were there for him 24/7 even though Umar rarely talked about it and to think they were about to part ways and go to different universities was stressing them more than the upcoming exams themselves.

"Guys, I don't want to seem like a girl or anything but I'm truly going to miss you two after we're done here. Its like I've grown so used to the both of you nothing is normal if we aren't doing it together," Khaleed coughed out. At first Umar laughed so hard he actually scared Muhammad for a bit. His eyes were filled with tears and he kept pointing at his stomach and mouthing 'pain' that if he wasn't laughing, the rest would have thought he was in actual pain.

"Okay I'm sorry. But Subhanallah! Khaleed next time give us like a warning sign. We were all so serious perusing through the books and all of sudden we are talking about feelings I mean c'mon man." Umar had always been the one to make fun of the two and their situations. But they had gotten accustomed to it so it didn't even sting when he laughed at serious conversations.

"I know man but then this is different. Like I've known you guys for four years Alhamdulilah and we've never had a disagreement before, you accepted me when I was messed up and all haraam..." Muhammad cut him short when he placed his hand right in front of his face.

"You don't get to call yourself haraam. We all make mistakes and we all have a past but all that matters is now. You've changed for the better and that's what we are looking at right now. The new and improved Khaleed. And plus I'll actually miss you guys too. I've always wanted us to talk about it but then again I also didn't want to seem like a girl."

At this point, Umar was face down on the masjid carpet rolling in laughter as he tried, and failed, to act a little bit more serious. Umar and Muhammad looked at each other and shook their heads. Umar never knew how to deal with separation so he always covered it up with smiles and laughter, something both of the boys knew and so they let it go and continued studying.

The boys had never talked about it but if their duahs were to be answered, then they would all end up in different continents studying different courses that would benefit the ummah before anyone else. Each of them had plans bigger than themselves but they all drew hope and optimism from one source - Allah! They never told each other because all feared the same thing, not being understood. That the others would ask them to go slow on dreaming but that's where they were wrong. If only they believed in each other a little bit more they would tell each other sooner and feel a sense of peace and tranquility like never before.

When the first adhaan was sounded for dhuhr, Umar rushed to take ablution and went to an isolated corner of the masjid where he began praying. During his last sijda he whispered to the ground knowing that the creator of creations in the high heavens was listening. "Ya Allah, only you know how much I love these two boys for you sake. And so here I am asking you to grant them eternal happiness in this world and in the hereafter. Regardless of what effect that has on my life." As he finished the duah, he could feel a tear leave his eye and fall on the masjid carpet almost instantly. He quickly said salaams and wiped away his tears for he knew that if the two boys saw him then he'd be the "girl" for the rest of the week. At this thought he smiled as he walked back to their initial corner before standing up for congregational swalah.

Author's note:

This book has been rated number 250 in spirituals and I'm so grateful for all you guys have done. May Allah(S.W) grant you all the duahs that have escaped your lips and all those that are stuck in your heart. Ameen. Stay blessed