Over my dead body.

"Mhmm." I manage to choke out, hoping that the fear isn't evident on my face. "C-can't w-wait."

I really hope my Guardian Angel has a survival plan for me.

Harry chuckles, reverting back to standing position. "But just to warn you..." his greyish, blonde eyebrows furrow and his smile alters into a frown at the new subject. "My boy is a bit um, troubled right now. He might come off as a bit of a gangster."

You don't say.

I swallow back the urge to scoff, remembering his hot badass appearance with a look that could kill. Possibly literally.

"But not to worry, he wouldn't hurt a fly... anymore. Especially you, you were his best bud after all."

Oh, he has no idea.

Then I remember the dark, vengeful glint in his eyes when he looked at me, which is telling me otherwise. With that in mind, all I can do is nod in return and try to conceal my tornado of emotions.

Harry pats my back. "Very well, come on in." He beckons me to follow his lead.

Reluctantly I do so, along with Wendy, the chauffeur and my dad trailing behind me.

Harry halts at the entrance doors, both his hands on each handle ready to reveal whatever's waiting inside. His body is angled towards us as much as possible as his face breaks into a confident smile. "Welcome to our home."

He opens the doors wide and I nearly gasp at the majestic interior design. Sweet babies, have I just entered heaven?

Stepping further into the enormous corridor, my eyes wander around, captivated by the opulent beauty. The colour scheme is creamy, off-white with various simple, yet royal patterns on the wall and floor. In the centre of the corridor lays a lengthy, floral Persian rug and a small, polished mahogany table sits in the middle. Looking at the ceiling makes me feel dizzy because it is so high up there, along with a dazzling chandelier. Throughout the corridor walls there are multiple cased doorways that gives a peak of the living room and other rooms. And at the end of the corridor stands the wide, classic staircase that leads to the rest of the mansion. This architecture is the ultimate symbol of wealth and class.

"Wow," I whisper, turning to Wendy ─ who is walking alongside me ─ with admiring eyes

"Wow," I whisper, turning to Wendy ─ who is walking alongside me ─ with admiring eyes. "Who designed this place?"

Because whoever designed this place, must design my future home!

She chuckles and her tan cheeks burn red as she clasps her hands to her chest. "Do you like it?"

"No," I reply, shaking my head. "I love it!"

She laughs again, relief spreading across her face. "Glad you do, because we actually finished renovations here a month ago. The fourth floor is still under construction though; we're making a gym room!"

The Popularity Switch | ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara