X

She smells it before she sees it, she's gotten accustomed to the thick metallic smell of of blood and she's not surprised to look down at her hands and see the blood. Her heart jumps and the regret sets in however. 

Her hands, up to her wrists, are coated in a deep thick layer of red. She looks at her abdomen and sees blood there too; she see the dried crusty layer where Theo had cut her and someone else's. She touches her fingers to her mouth and finds blood there too. 

She can't help it, but she begins to shake with tears she doesn't want to shed. Why was this happening to her? Why was she always waking up next to this old tree stump covered in blood? What was she doing?

She collects herself and starts to head towards the trail that leads to her house; there she can clean herself up and get dressed and lay in bed pretending like this isn't happening to her. But there are certain things that a shower cannot wash away. 

Alisa turns to face the base of the Nemeton when she sees it; its laying spread eagled in the middle of the trunk; limbs hanging loosely around it; more blood than skin and Alisa screams, launching herself back and hitting the dirt. Her chest rises and falls quickly as she stares at the dead body; deep gashes cover most of its body and for a moment, she's unsure of its gender until she takes a closer look. 

She hasn't seen the boy before in her life, and she wonders if the blood hat coats her skin belongs to him. Sickness rises in her throat and she turns her head to heave, but nothing comes up. She's dry wrenching and she can't remember when she last ate. Her memory hasn't been the best lately; so she's been forgetting important things. 

She pushes herself up and stands, trying to figure out what to do. She has no phone, so she can't call Parrish, or the police. She's completely naked so she can't use walk into a hospital or the police station. 

Maybe they would believe her if she used the haemophiliac excuse her mother used a few weeks ago. It probably wouldn't work because Sheriff Stilinski would want to run tests ad get samples. 

What was she going to do?

"Alisa" 

She spins around so fast her head spins. Parrish is standing close to the clearing, his hands raised slightly to show that he means no harm to her. Panic rises in her chest, would Parrish arrest her? 

"It's okay, its gonna be okay. Can I come to you?" He asks softly, taking a wary step forward. 

She looks behind her and then at Parrish, she nods slowly. He moves quickly and soon enough she's bundled in his arms. She inhales deeply; he smells like smoke and wood clippings. Its a strange, intoxicating aroma and Alisa takes another breath in. 

"Are you okay?" He pulls her back to look at her. She looks at him, and it's all too much. She lets out a guttural sob and bounces the sleeve of his jacket into her fist. 

"What's happening to me?" She cries. 

He holds her tight, staring at the body behind her. He swallows deeply and tries to figure out a plan. 

"Lets just get you home and get you showered." He says softly, he pushes her back slightly and takes off his jacket, offering it to her. She wraps it around herself tightly and walks beside him. 

She's sniffling and rubbing her nose; part of her is calm now that Parrish is with her; but she's still frightened. 

She is covered almost head to toe in blood, and she has no idea how she is maintaining her sanity at this point. 

*****

Parrish's shower is big, its open and spacious and she almost takes pleasure in cleaning herself off; trying to avoid looking at the floor to see the blood coil around the drain and slip away with the water. 

She washes her her with his shampoo, small fathers falling over skin and settling at the bottom near the drain. She finds the peace and quiet in his shower calming; letting the warm water rush over her. 

When she's finished, she turns the taps off and steps out onto the cool tiles, wrapping herself in one of his towels. She walks out into his bedroom to find a large tee shirt and sweat pants loud out on the bed for her. She dresses herself and adjusts the pull string on the sweat pants so they won't fall of her. 

When she's dressed and her hair is semi dry, she heads into the living room. Parrish isn't alone, he's standing in his kitchen with Scott, Stiles, Liam, and Malia. She looks at them, not knowing exactly what to say or do. 

"Are you okay?" Scott speaks first. A genuine look of concern on his face. 

Alisa takes in a deep breath and nods. "Better now, after the shower." She laughs softly. "Thanks for asking." 

"Alisa, Scott and the others are here because Deaton may have figured out what you are." Jordan explains, moving close to her. She watches him as he moves. 

"Deaton was the one that helped me with my wounds, right?" She questions, looking at Scott who answers her question by nodding. "Its healed, completely." 

"Theres a uh, there's a reason for that." Stiles says, fidgeting beside Scott. 

"Alisa, last night, after Lydia screamed, you transformed into something we've never seen before. Or even witnessed for that matter. But Deaton says you might be a Harpy." Scott begins to explain. He chooses his words carefully, making sure not to upset or scare Alisa by saying the wrong. 

"A harpy?" She looks between the group of seniors before her. 

"Yeah, uhm, its got the head of a woman and the body of a bird. Or in your case, feathers that cover not almost everything, but most of your body."  Stiles interrupts. 

Alisa nods softly. "So, I turn into a giant bird?" 

They all nod. 

"And I hurt people?" 

"Sometimes." 

She runs her hands through her damp hair to scratch her scalp, tears spring to her eyes and threaten to spill but she blinks them away. "Okay. Do you know how crazy that sounds?" She tries to keep her voice steady. 

"Yes." Scott sounds understanding, but yet he doesn't seem to grasp the idea of it all. 

"If I'm a Harpy, what does that make all of you?" She questions, sniffling. 

"Liam and I are werewolf, Malia is a were-coyote, and Parrish is a Hellhound." 

"And Stiles?" 

"I was possessed by an evil spirit for a minute there, but right now I'm a regular old human." He flashes a smile that Alisa doesn't return. 

"Right." is all she says, looking at them all. 

"Well have fun with your weird sci-fi meet up, I have to go home." 

"Alisa wait." Jordan reaches out to grab her, but she pulls her arm away. 

"No, Parrish." She moves away from him. "I'm not a harpy or whatever it is you think I am. I'm a human." 

"I know you remember last night." Malia says, Alisa turns to look at her. 

"And you know what I know, Malia? I know that if my Mum was to find out about me, she'd." Alisa can't seem to finish the sentence, the words are caught in her throat. 

"She'd what?" Stiles asks. 

Alisa looks at him, takes a deep breath and answers. 

"She'd kill me." 

*****

There's chapter 10! 

Remember to vote and comment!