II.

By the time Alisa had reached the Principal's office to collect her class schedule, almost everyone knew who she was. Everyone's eyes were on her.

"That's her! My Dad saw her last night. He said she was nude and bloody!"
"I heard she cut herself in the middle of the road."
"My Mom says she's a witch and was performing a blood ritual."
"What a freak."

This kind of stuff didn't usually happen until about three months into Alisa being at her new school and by then, she was already moving away with her mother. She wasn't used to people knowing about her almost immediately. She just wished her Mother could figure out what was wrong with her. It had become such a hassle.

She opens the door to the office and steps inside, its a lot colder then the main walkway and Marni approaches the desk. The administrator loooks at her over her glasses.
"Yes?"

"I'm here to collect my class schedule." She says, adjusting the strap on her shoulder. "My names Alisa Samson, I'm the new transfer student."

The administrator looks Alisa up and down before offering her a smile. "Sure thing, I'll have it ready for you in one second."

She smiles back, the door chimes and she turns to look at the red head standing behind her. The girl smiles warmly at Alisa who returns it.

"Here you go, this is your schedule and a class transfer form just in case you were put into a class you didn't sign for. Oh, Lydia, right on time."

The girl approaches the bench and says hello to the administrator. "Good morning Helen. I'm here to help the new kid."

"That would be this young girl here." Helen motions to Alisa who softly waves at Lydia.

"Ready?" Lydia asks, Alisa nods and follows her out into the hallway.

*****

"I don't usually show new people around but I guess they just picked me this time. Do you like Beacon Hills so far? How many schools where you at before this one? Do your parents travel a lot?" Lydia is full of questions, Alisa almost feels like she's being interrogated.

She walks beside Lydia, trying to match her pace. "Uhm, it's just me and my Mum."

"Where's your Dad?" Lydia questions, leading Alisa down another corridor.

"Oh, well, when I was born, I guess my Dad just wasn't ready to be a parent yet. So he left me and Mum and disappeared. Kinda dropped off the face of the Earth." She explains, softly.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be, me and Mum have done alright without him." She had never been bothered by the fact her father had never been around. She had learnt quickly that even your family can fail you. It was a life lesson she was glad she learnt early in life.

"I like your accent, what part of England are you from?" Lydia questions.

"A little town just outside of London. It's called Blanchland." Alisa can't help but laugh to herself, she always found the name of her home town funny. "Do you have family in England, Lydia?"

"Something like that." Lydia replies softly. "What does your Mom do for work?"

"Journalist." Alisa responds.

"Oh, cool, like newspaper journalist?"

"No, she uhm. She investigates supernatural behaviour in towns and discovers what it is that's causing it. She uncovers the truth." Alisa explains.

"That's...interesting."

"She's really good at it too. She eradicates all of the supernatural aura in towns. It's pretty interesting, yeah." Alisa smiles to herself.

"Eradicates?" Lydia swallows hard.

"You know, gets rid of any supernatural things in the town. Completely gets rid of it all."

"Your mom ends anything supernatural?"

"Uh-huh."