Rogue X Reader: Waiting Game (AU) (REQUEST)

Dedixated to GALAXYTAKEOVER and KawaiiOtaku2144 :)

WRITING PROMPT

Start the story with the line 'He waited for her.'

ENJOY

--0--

THIRD PERSON POV

He waited for her. Just like normal. He sat at a cafe booth, looking at the display folder they called the 'menu.'

'Hey, Rogue! What would you like?' The same bubbly and cheerful waitress - with the name tag of Y/N - approached the man.

'Um... Could I get an Americano for my drink?'

'Anything else?' The H/C-hair coloured girl said as she jotted down the customer's order.

'Can I also get a strawberry cake and a coffee cake?'

'Is that all?'

'Yes.'

'Your order will be here as soon as possible.'

'Thank you.' Y/N sped off towards the kitchen and suddenly, she managed to tape the order on the chef's counter. Rogue looked at the order with curiosity. Y/N went to the back of the kitchen and picked out a strawberry and a coffee cake for the regular customer.

She sped off from the kitchen to Rogue's table and placed the two cakes in front of him.

'Here are your cakes. Your Americano is coming up soon. Enjoy!' She waved at him slightly before disappearing to tend to another customer.

Rogue wrote on his notebook while eating his cakes, waiting for his coffee to come, patiently. Y/N came out of the kitchen and placed a few piece of cakes in front of the customer she previously tended to.

Suddenly, the woman flipped out.

'This is an outrage! How can this cost $2.00?!'

'Ma'am... This is quite a large piece of cake for $2.00...' Y/N, the waitress assured the woman.

'I want to see your manager.'

'I am the manager here, ma'am.'

'Well, then! I will sue your company for overpricing!' Abruptly, the woman left, trying to drag her two young children with her. The twin chidren stared at the cake before looking back at their mum, who was already storming to the car.

'I'll tell you what.' Y/N bends down to the little kids' height.

'I'll give you this for free, yeah?' The twins stared at the waitress in awe. 

'I'll cut these up for you, OK?' She ruffles the twins' heads while they nod and she rushes to the kitchen. She slices the cake into small pieces for the kids to eat and she wraps them in a paper bag. She rushes out to see the kids' patiently waiting, not caring if they were scolded by their mum.

'Here you go, little ones.' The waitress hands the younger kids the bag full of small-sliced cakes. The twins thanked the kind waitress before rushing to their mother.

Rogue eyed the waitress for a moment, wondering if she was real.

'And yes, I am real.' Y/N slid into the seat opposite of him in his booth before sliding out again to make his Americano. Not even 10 seconds later, Y/N came out holding an Americano for Rogue.

'Here's your Caffe Americano, sir.'

'Thanks.' Rogue smiles at the waitress before realisation struck him.

'Wait, how did she hear me?' Rogue thinks to himself.

-

After Y/N tended to all the customers during afternoon rush hour, she noticed one of her regulars, Rogue, still sitting at the booth.

'You've been here since morning. How come you're still here?' Y/N slides into his booth again.

'I just wanna get to know you. Is that so wrong?'

'If that's your way of shamelessly flirting, then no.' Rogue's smile faltered before he attempted to flirt... Again...

'Wait... I really do want to get to know you. You were so kind to those twins this morning.'

'It's customer service, what do you expect?'

'Yeah, but I was sure that you would've lost your mind after being the only worker here.'

'Yeah... You would expect that. But the cafe's name is true to itself. Speedy's Blue Walker Cafe.' (not a real cafe, I made it up)

'I do everything with speed. Tending to customers, ordering, making the food items or drinks. Everything.'

'Well, then, how about I take your mind off stress? Go on a date with me?'

'I'd love to... But um... Can you wait a little longer? Maybe a few days?'

'Sure! I'll play the waiting game, just for you.'

--0--

I died...

Legit

The ending killed me

-AwkwardCinnamonRoll