chapter 33: journal

~next day~
martinus pov//
i woke up a little later today around 9:30. i was tired from last night. marcus and i were up late talking to will. he didn't say to much just about luna and how she was coping. four days til oslo, four days til i see luna again. it felt like an eternity. i went downstairs and saw marcus all ready. he is a late sleeper so this was interesting.

marcus-"get dressed we are going out."

martinus-"where are we going."

marcus-"get dressed and i will tell you. hurry now."

i ran upstairs and threw on a pair of joggers and an a-z t shirt with my nikes. i ran downstairs and saw marcus about to leave. i ran up and caught up to him. we started walking.

martinus-"so where are we going?"

marcus-"ok so i woke up this morning to like gen messages from will on dm. he said luna lost her journal and was FREAKING out. like she tore her room apart and was having a mental breakdown. he asked me to check her house so i agreed. i would do anything for my luna bear."

martinus-"oh her journal. interesting. i've always wanted to read more of that..."

marcus-"martinus we can't! that's invasion of her personal opinions and all. she would kill us. plus we need to earn her trust not break it again."

martinus-"ugh you are right. i just wanna know how she feels about me that's all.."

i put my head down. i think i still have feelings for luna but i don't know. maybe if i knew how she felt about me. i mean when she said my name in that video of her dreaming...my heart nearly leaped out of my chest. i could feel a spark run through me. did she feel it too? marcus looked at me and raised an eyebrow. i changed conversation.

martinus-"what do you think this will kid is like?"

marcus-"i don't know he seems okay i guess. do you think he likes luna?"

martinus-"ew i hope not. he's her brother now. he can't."

marcus-"i know but still. plus we have to be nice to him. he is our key to luna."

martinus-"i know but i swear if she calls us and said he tried to do something to her i will freak out."

we got to her door and marcus got the key from under her mat. interesting he knew, he turned the door and it opened. it felt weird in here. the air was cold but the house still smelled like luna.

marcus pov//
it smelled like luna in her old house. i missed her being right across the way and i missed looking out my window and seeing her hanging out in the backyard. watching her play catch with her dad and her whole family running around playing football. seeing her smile. we split up. i took upstairs and martinus took downstairs. i searched her room first it felt weird being in her without her. i looked in her closet, empty. her drawers empty, under her bed, nothing. where would her journal be? there was another room to left. it must have been her brothers old room. it was covered with football stuff. he must have been a big fan. there was a picture of him and luna from when they were little and it was so cute. she was such a cutie. i looked around a little more. it felt weird knowing he was gone. i thought of him like a little brother, i went to his desk where he had drawings of what looked to be action figures. i saw under a few papers a picture. it was me, luna, martinus, emma, and jaime and it was taped to a poster thing. this was such a cute photo. i picked it up and looked at it for a while. i turned it around and it said something in messy handwriting.

this is my sister luna and her best friends marcus and martinus. they are like brothers to me. that's their sister emma. she is my best friend. i love them all very much. they make me happy.