chapter 19: i feel pretty

luna's pov//
all my thoughts ran through my body. jason. marcus. martinus. jaime. my dad. my mom. everything that has happened in the past four years. i can't take it anymore. i always run from my problems and i'm tried of running i ran three blocks before i just sat down and gave up. i noticed i was back at their house. i just sat on the porch and cried and cried. it felt like i was here for hours but it was only ten minutes. it was cold and i was tired. i just stopped crying as my tears were now freezing to my face. i sat and thought. i love marcus and martinus. i need to trust them that they didn't tell me to protect me. right as i was thinking that i saw them. their heads were down. i ran up to them and hugged them.

luna-"i'm so sorry."

marcus pov//
we didn't know where to start. martinus and i left and we felt as if we had just gone right back the beginning. it had been 20 minutes or so and we still couldn't find luna. maybe she doesn't wanna be found. my heart breaks thinking this but i don't know what to do. maybe we should just wait for her to come to us? ugh no. who knows when she could come back. hours, days, weeks, months, years! ok ok i'm getting to anxious in my mind right now.

marcus-"will she come back?"

martinus-"i hope so."

my head was low and so was martinus. we decided to go home. i didn't wanna give up but maybe mom and dad could help. they could call the police or do something. i felt tears welling in my eyes. martinus most have noticed because he put his arm around me. right as i was about to lose hope i heard footsteps running towards me. i looked up and next think i knew luna was running towards. she must have came back the house. she gave both of us a hug. she looked pale, like the moon in a night sky. i have never been happier to see her. we both hugged her back. she was freezing. she had no jacket. classic luna.

luna-"i'm so sorry."

marcus-"it's okay. i know you were scared."

martinus-"please don't run."

luna-"i'm tired of running. can we all just talk inside please. i owe your parents an apology."

we all made our way inside. mom and dad were happy to see luna but also worried. she explained why she ran and how she was upset.

luna-"i know about jason. i appreciate you wanting to protect me from this. does everyone know?"

marcus-"no. we won't tell them. they don't need to know."

i went over and grabbed her hand and kissed her on the cheek. she hugged me for a while. then we all did a group hug. mom and dad sat and talked with luna alone about jason and his charged. she seemed to lighten up, like a huge weight was off her shoulders. martinus and i were playing fifa when she came in the room beaming. beaming like the stars in the night.

luna-"heheheh."

she kept giggling. she has the cutest laugh ever.

marcus-"what's up cutie pie."

luna-"aww stop it! ok i will be back soon. be ready because tonight is movie night."

martinus-"where are you going?"

luna-"dress shopping..."

her face kinda faded. one second she was happy and now she isn't? doesn't every girl love to wear dresses and all?

marcus-"you make that seem like a bad thing."

luna-"oh well um it's just...don't laugh okay?"

twins-"we would never."

that was weird. me and martinus don't do that often. luna looked shy again.