Chapter Thirteen:Take me away from this saddness(Jane's POV)

"Oh,Pop Rox!I'm glad your O.K!Don't ever scare me like that again!"I said,hugging Roxelle.

"How is she supposed to never scare ya like that again?"Dally said.

"Dal,don't be such a dumb ass!"Two-bit said.I laughed then immediately stopped.

She was breathing and talking.But not seeing.I was scared.What if shes blind for life?!What if...Damn what-ifs.

"Well,Johnny,you can stay here with Roxelle.Were going to eat.Hamburgers.Not the best,but it's what we have."Darry said as he an the rest of the guys left the room.Ponyboy stayed along with Johnny and Soda.

"Oh gosh!"I said crying as I fell into Pony's arms.I held me tight as I buried my face into his chest.I was sobbing loudly cause I was scared.I swayed me back and forth.I was just happy to be in his arms.

"Rox!Please open your eyes!Please!I love you!"I heard Johnny say.

"Let's go somewhere else.Alone.Lets let Johnny have alone time with her."Pony whispered in my ear.I nodded."Hey,Johnny,we're going somewhere so that you two can spend alone time together."Johnny nodded.

"Don't go outside!"Roxelle said.Then she turned to Johnny and he grabbed her and kissed her.

Ponyboy grabbed my hand and took me downstairs.

"What you doin'?"Two-bit said.Pony jumped."Scare ya,kid?Well,how 'bout you two go and watch the sun set?"

"But-"I began but Two-bit shoved us out onto the porch.I tried getting in but Two-bit locked the door.He peaked through the glass and laughed."I'm not letting you two in!"He mouthed at us.I rolled my eyes.What a jerk!

Pony took my hand and took me down to the park.A couple of zombies were far aways down. They couldn't hurt us.Their too far away to even smell our flesh or even see us in the dark.

He lied down close to the fountain.I lay next to him.

"I'm cold."I said shivering.He took his sweatshirt off ad handed it to me.It smelled good.It didn't fit me but it was still good enough.He took me in closer.He held me tight.

"I love you."He whispered in my ear.My eyes widened in shock.

"I love you too."I said closing my eyes and cuddling to him."Do you still have the scars from the incident?Do you hurt as bad a you did?"

He smiled and said softly."Ya I still have them.No they don't hurt as bad. Rox got hurt worse then I did.I hope those don't hurt as bad as they did.I hope she can see soon."He kissed the top of my head.I smiled.I started to fall asleep in his arms when I heard a scream.I jerked awake.Pony was being dragged by a zombie.It stopped and jumped on him.He tackled it.

I ran over and grabbed the zombie and threw it on the ground.I felt something pull me to the ground.I screamed in pain.I slowly got up and kicked the zombie in the face.I heard him scream and I looked over.A zombie bit him hard.I chopped the one that grabbed me head off.I got up and shouted a war cry.I punched the zombie and stabbed it repeatably in the stomach.

"You bitch!"I screamed as I cut it's head off.I turned around and saw Ponyboy gripping his left arm in pain.I winced and grabbed him.He was heavy but I managed to pick him up.I ran to the house as tears dripped onto his body.

I could hear everybody upstairs so I ran up.

"Darry!Guys!He's...he's been bit!"I screamed as I fell to my knees.I gripped Ponyboy in my arms.

"Don't worry.If I die..."He whispered.

"Your not going to die!"I screamed.

"Soda!Rag now!If we clean the cut,he won't turn.Promise!"Darry said.Soda came rushing into the room and quickly put the rag on Pony's arm.Soda poured alcohol onto Pony's arm.He screamed in pain."He won't turn.The alcohol cleaned it pretty good.Set him next to Roxelle!"I ran to Rox and set Pony to the right of her.I knelt down beside them. Why them! Why do my friends get hurt. Rox has bandages around her stomach all the way around right below her chest and all over her body she's damaged. Pony has a gash in his leg, scrapes and scars all over, and now he's bit.