Chapter Four: Complications (Roxelle's POV)

"We need to just get our minds off of it all. But from now on we are a team we have to stay together." Darry teaches us what to do when the zombie apocalypse comes.  

"Let all just stay here and have fun because it's safe and secure and if zombies come well I know how to cut off a zombies head." I am quiet the diva Johnny would always tell me. Truth is I love Johnny he is sweet, kind, funny, and he's always looking out for me. So it was done. We had a sleepover. Although it was very boring the guys watched cartoons. Jane and I get pretty tired of it. I walk to the set and turn the knob. The screen goes blank and the boys holler at me. 

"HEY TURN DAT BACK ON!" Steve yells. 

"No! You do know there are two girls here to. Who would like a little bit of attention." You could note the sarcasm in my voice but Soda smirks. He walks to me and puts his hands on my waist. 

"Oh I'll give ya some attention babe." I roll me eyes and Jane's giggling in the corner.  

"I'm sorry meant attention from anybody but you." He frowns and the gang goes OHHHHHHH!  

"Babe don't be that way." no matter what I do will he just never leave me alone?  

"I will be whatever way I want to be and don't call me babe." I look to Jane who is snapping her fingers.  

"Hey lets play truth or dare." The gang, Jane, and I sit in a circle. I sit as far from Soda as I can. 

"Roxelle truth or dare." Soda says. 

"Dare!" I smirk. 

"I dare you.... to kiss me." the boys drop there jaws. Soda leans forward. 

"In your dreams!" I push his face away from me.  

"You have to!" Soda states.  

"Fine." he leans forward and closes his eyes. I kiss my hand and place it on his cheek.  

"My turn." Soda opens his eyes and turns red realizing that was all he was gonna get. 

"Ponyboy truth or dare?" I ask him. 

"Dare." yes. 

"Kiss Jane." without complaint he leans into Jane and kisses her and willingly she lets him. 

"Jane truth or dare?" Ponyboy asks her. 

"Truth." She smiles. 

"1-10 how much do you love me?" she looks at me and I give her a thumbs up. 

"8." She says. Ponyboy fist pumps the air. 

"Okay Roxelle truth or dare?" Jane gives me an evil smile.  

"Truth." I hesitate. 

"Who do you have a crush on?" the wicked witch I tell you. Shes out to ruin me.  

"Dare." I quickly say. 

"Okay I dare you to tell us who you have a crush on." shes getting annoyed at my stalling. 

"Um.. no one." I try. 

"I am going for a wild guess to say its someone in this room." Two-bit taunts elbowing Soda. Soda is pointing to himself.  

"No I just don't have a crush." I cross my arms over my chest.  

"Soda and Roxelle sitting in a tree..." I cut Steve off. 

"Shut it Steve! I don't have a crush on Soda." Soda frowns. 

"Then.. then who do you like?" Soda asks quietly. He sounds hurt. I feel the gangs as well as Jane's eyes bearing into my soul. 

"Johnny." I whisper to quiet. 

"Who?" Steve asked. I search there faces. I gulp back. 

"Johnny. I... I like Johnny." I look at my hands. 

"J.. John... Johnny?" Soda chokes out. I nod still looking down. I look up a little and Johnny gets up and walks out of the house. Damn it! Get up and walk out the back door. I catch up with Johnny. 

"Johnny? Johnny wait? Stop!" I shout.  

"What!" He turns around and yells. 

"Okay why the hell are you mad at me? I thought maybe it was time to tell people we love each other. Because isn't that what you wanted?" I explain. 

"Soda is in love with you. Not me! I can't betray him like that." He yells again. 

"What so you don't love me?" I let the anger melt into sadness and tears fall. I scream at him. 

"God no I do love you Rox! More than anything but Soda likes you too. He has been trying to get to you for a year now! How come you can't see that?" he becomes just as pissed. 

"You think I can't see that he's flirting with me? I can't I ignore it because I love you!"I scream through the tears. The tears pour down my face.  

"Just whatever!" I shout and turn to walk away.  

"Roxelle! Wait i'm sorry! Roxelle I love you!" Johnny stands in the same place but still calls to me. I keep walking. 

"Yeah right! If you were did you wouldn't have walked away!" I shout back. I leave him and walk to the porch and look to the sky. I look through the window everyone is talking and I here then saying things like: 

"I never saw that coming." "I hope everything's okay." Stuff like that. Soda is holding back tears. I hurt him. I hurt him bad. Get away from here. Get away quick. I jump off the steps and run. I'll run and keep running until they will never find me.