Chapter Eight: Dying (Roxelle's POV)

I have my sight back but the rest of me was still paralyzed. We lost Ponyboy. I feel like an idiot it's all my fault. I never should have run out. Now Johnny is holding me in his arms trying to get me to stay alive until they can get me help no one noticed the wound in my side although blood now covered my shirt all were busy looking for Ponyboy. I didn't want to put anymore shit on them.  

"Listen to me Rox we are gonna get you help I swear. Just let us look for Pony." He tries to reason with me to stay awake a little longer. I don't know if I can. I am light headed. Should I tell him? No it will make him worry.  

"Go look... I'll be okay." I voice is raspy and damaged but had to try or he would just stay. Pony is my best friend of the gang other than Jane. He was like my brother. I am an orphan live in an orphanage but I ran off with Pony and the Curtis's found me a nice place to go. Right down the street from Jane. I live alone so it was nice the day I found her in the ditch. Yup a ditch we were both 12 hadn't hit puberty even for both of us. She was in the ditch making mud balls and throwing them at her brother. She hit me in the face and came to help me wipe the mud off but I laughed and we played together. Now we are best friends.  

"But?" I cut him off. 

"Go..." I whisper again. my voice barely audible now. He nod but looks at me a moment. 

"I love you Rox." He whispers and he plants a kiss on my forehead. All of them search and I think. I need to help. I have to look. My arms are the only things strong enough which would mean my wound would be noticed and exposed. I can't care less. I let go of my side and drag myself across the sand. The sand burns the wound.  

"Ahh!" I let out a few whimpers. Someone response. 

"Rox?" I inch my way to the sound. Pony. 

"Ponyboy?" I croak. Pony is laying on his stomach.  

"I was trampled." He breaths out. Sand covered his body. Suddenly he reaches out to touch the wound in my side. I wince as he touches it. He tries to help by brush off the sand but it doesn't help. 

"Roxelle you need help your leaving a trail of blood." He whispers he is in as bad condition as I was. He was thrown and trampled. Not a lot of blood on him but enough to know something happened. I look back a faint but noticeable trail of red blood followed me. I was in agony. I began to shake I was falling apart. I was dying truly dying. Pony knew as well that I didn't have much time left.  

"Rox?" Jane and the 2 boys yell my name following the trail of blood. Finally they find us both lying there. Me dying Ponyboy crying and pleading for me to live. To weak for anything. Someone lifts me up and starts running. 

"Wait Jane!" It was Jane. She stops and turns to Steve and Johnny. 

"Bring Pony!" She screams and then continues running. She runs and I feel myself slipping away. Dying, dying, slowly slowly dying.