Chapter Five:Please don't run from me.(Jane's POV)

Shock.Just a bunch of shock.A game that turned cold.Upsetting.What happened?

I stood up."What.The.Fudge?!"I said."I'm going after her.We are NEVER playing that damned game again!"I scream.I burst out the door and started screaming for Roxelle.She can't leave me!She can't leave us!No way.And during a zombie apocalypse?!I'm going to find her and talk it over.

I went back into the house and went strait for the kitchen.I opened the fridge and began to grab two cokes.I grabbed my switchblade that was on the counter,forcing it into my jackets pocket.I reached over and grabbed the bread and a bottle of beer.

"Where do you think your going?!"Darry said from behind me.I jumped.

"To find Roxelle!"I said as I turned to walk into the living room.Darry gripped my left arm tightly.

"You ain't goin' no where."He said,getting a little mad.

I yank my arm from his grip."Who said?I can go anywhere I want!"I walked into the living room.The guys looked at me.Darry stood next to me.I looked at him.

"We ain't riskin' you getting hurt!"He practically yelled.

"He has a point,Jay."Two-bit said.

Two-bit was the only one who called me Jay.It was the nickname he gave me.He said Jane was 'too long'.

The rest of the gangs nickname for me was May.Since that rhymed with Jay.Roxelle just called me by my normal name.Roxelle's was Rox.Sometimes I called her Pop Rox.

"Your stayin' here with us!"Darry yelled."We ain't gunna loose you like we did Dylan!"Silence grew over everybody.The gang gasped.

He should know better then not to say that!

"W-what?"I said quietly.Tears came rushing down my face.Darry's face collapsed into a sorrowful one."I a-ain't going to end up like Dylan!And how dare you say something 'bout Dylan!"I yelled.Anger and sadness filled his eyes.

"I SAID WE AN'T RISKIN' IT!"He yelled.

"You.Aren't.My.Brother!I ain't ending up like him!"I screamed bursting out the door.Tears rushed down my face.I wasn't going to loose another.I ran into the middle of the street.

I heard the door open and out came Ponyboy and Johnny.

"We are coming with you."Ponyboy said.

"You guys sure 'bout that?"I asked.

"Yeah."Johnny softly said.

"Darry's comforting Soda right now.I asked if Soda wanted to come.He said naw."Ponyboy said.

"Well."I said,smirking."Let's go kick some zombie ass!Here hold the food.When we find Roxelle I'll go talk to her alone.The food is just in case we are lookin' for a while."I handed the two boys the food I had."Let's go.Darry know that you guys are comin' with?"

"Nope.We snuck out."Johnny said.I nodded.I saw Steve run out of the house.

"Where ya goin',Jane?"He said.

I knew Steve liked me.He was always flirtin' with me and made sure I didn't get hurt or anything.He almost kissed me once but I pushed him away.I like Ponyboy and that's the guy I'm goin' to be with.But I sorta...have a crush on Steve.Sort of.He can get on my nerves and get annoying but I like him.Kinda.

Ponyboy and Steve didn't get along very well.Steve think Pony's just a kid and a tagalong.I didn't think that.

"Duh.To look for Roxelle!"Ponyboy said,glaring at Steve.Pony knew that Steve liked me.And He wasn't happy with it.

"Can I...come?"Steve asked.

"Can if ya want to."I said.I didn't want him to come that much."Your goin' to be a big help."I muttered,sarcastically.

"Ya Ima comin!"Steve said.I rolled my eyes.

"Let's go then."I said,narrowing my eyes.We began to walk off,looking for Roxelle.

I was determined to find my best friend.I wasn't goin' to let her survive this hell alone.