Chapter Twelve: Almost Alive (Roxelle's POV)

I want to open my eyes I want to show them I'm alive but they won't open. It's like they are glued shut! Never to open. Damn it. I can't speak my voice is gone, gone forever. At least He said my voice was to vanish, my sight will be blurred, your legs will paralyze. I don't understand. What the world could he have meant? The world is ridiculous it doesn't use logic. I try to move and it works. I move my lips but no sound comes out.

" Hey Darry? Is she gonna be okay?" I here whispering coming from somewhere. Try! Try to say something! I mentally yell at myself.

"Mh..." is all I can get out.

"Roxelle!" Someone grabs my hand and the bed dips.

"Is she okay? What Happened!" Someone yells.

"She tried to speak." Jane. It was her voice.

"Baby girl it's gonna be alright." Darry. He always called me that.

"De...?" I never finish it only gets that far.

"What? What are saying?" Jane holds me close.

"Dead?" I make out the words and.

"No no your alive. Your alive, Ro come on open your eyes." She cheers me on.

"I can't they won't" I'm probably blind.

"She blind for now. As time goes on she will earn it back." Darry explains.

"So shes almost alive."