Chapter Seven:Fight for you(Jane's POV)

The guys easily kill the zombies.More and more zombies kept coming.I was having a hard time.

Then one of the zombies threw me to the ground.I heard a crack and I couldn't move my left arm.Then the zombie leapt onto me.I screamed.I put my left leg onto it's chest and put my right arm on it's forehead.I pushed.It kept trying to bite me.The more I pushed tthe more my other arm hurt.I screamed.

"Jane!"I heard Steve say.He tackled the zombie.I tried getting up but it was painful.

"Roxelle!"I heard Johnny scream.Ponyboy was no where in sight.I started to cry.Johnny rushed over to Roxelle and the zombie.He punched it in the face.He got blood on his fist."Get away from her!"He said,slicing it's head in half.The zombie began to fall over.Johnny grabbed Roxelle in his arms.

Steve was too busy to help me up.And Ponyboy was no where in sight.I started to get up.It was painful but I managed to.I looked around for Ponyboy.I started to cry heavily.

Then Steve stood next to me.He was breathing heavily.Johnny put Roxelle down but he still held onto her,tightly.They stood next to me.

"Where's Ponyboy?!"I managed to choke out.Tears came down fast.I can't loose another."Where is he!"I screamed.I loved Pony and I couln't see him dead.None of us could.

Everybody gave me sad looks.No.No!It can't be!

"We don't know."Johnny said.

"I can't afford to loose another!"I screamed.I fell to the ground,squatting.I sat down."He c-can't be..... dead!"I screamed.Everybody sat next to me.Roxelle sat in front of me.She held her leg where the gnash was.

"If we loose the kid,Darry and Soda are going to be very upset."Steve said,holding my right hand.

Johnny began to cry."I-I can't l-loose m-my best friend!"He said in between sobs.

"Guys lets wash my gnash and wrap it up.Then we can look for him."Roxelle said.

"I'll do it."Steve said.He took Roxelle into his arms and ripped a piece of his shirt off.He started to wrap it on her gnash.

"J-Johnny?"I said.

"W-what?"He said,burying his head into his arms.

"I hope we find him.I don't like seein' ya cry.I-it makes me sad too."I said.

He shook his head and looked up at me."Y-ya goin' to talk t-to Roxelle?"

"Ya.Later.I'm determined to find Ponyboy first."I said as Steve came toward me.He helped me up.Roxelle limped to Johnny and he stood up and grabbed her hand.He put her arm around his neck.

"Let's go."Steve said.Roxelle and Johnny began going before us.Steve grabbed my hands and looked into my eyes.It was painful for him to lift my left arm but I was OK."If we don't find him...Jane,everything's going to be OK.I'm here to protect you."He said.He leaned in and kissed me.I closed my eyes and he did the same.Roxelle and Johnny were to far away to notice.

The kiss made me feel like everything was back to normal.That everything was OK.But everything wasn't OK.Ponyboy was missing.