What Just Happened?

China could only stare at Japan. 'He... doesn't remember me?' he thought.

"Do you recognize him, Matthew-san?" Japan asked as he turned to face the one with glasses.

"No, I-I don't," he responded.

<Mathew's P.O.V.>

I really don't remember him... or do I...? No, I'm sure I don't know him.

Or... yes, I do recognize him. It's China, I think.

But something feels off to me... like something is missing... A memory maybe? Has to be.

"Wa... to... al..."

What was that? And why did it echo in my head?

"Wa... to... al..."

What? What does that mean? Wa to al? Is it some kind of foreign code for something?

"Wait... alone... truth..."

Ok... that made a little more sense... So I am to wait until I'm alone for truth? What truth, though?

"Matthew-san?" Japan's urgent tone snapped me back to reality.

"W-What?" I asked as I looked over at him.

"Are you okay? You weren't responding to us," the third other guy, the one I don't remember the name of, said.

"I... I'm fine," I replied, not sounding to convincing to myself even.

"... one of the Nordics, then?"

I... Did I just hear that? But... no one just said anything... did they? It was faint too, so I don't think anyone just spoke.

Wait... was that...

"A... America?" I asked out loud, not meaning to.

"What?" China asked. "Did you just say 'America'?"

"I... yes...?" What is going on? Did I really say that out loud?

"... come on, Fin-" the word was cut off... a different faint voice...

I turned around and thought I saw something. Actually, two someones. Talking... to me?

"Finland? Yo, dude! Are you listening?"

"Huh?" I asked, my accent suddenly changing to that of a Finnish accent.

"Did you not just hear what we said?"

I looked back and forth between them, very much looking dumbstruck. How did I even end up here? I was just in front of China, Japan, and... someone else... Who was he again?

"I... I'm sorry, I didn't," I replied honestly. Why does it feel that I talking for someone else?

"We just said..." his voice trailed off. He still moved his mouth like he was speaking, but I couldn't hear anything he was saying! What in the world is going on here?