The Three Stooges

(Quick note, I fully intended to make Stevie a cute wee one for a while, but I hit a block with that.)

August 14th, 2011.

Stevie sat and awaited the return of her parents. She was currently invested in a cut throat game of Uno with her two siblings Daryl Hannah and Lucy Harris Veronica. Now, Lucy was a special case to Stevie because she was an accident (although Stevie doesn't quite understand how exactly Lucy is an accident). A happy one, but still an accident either way. Stevie took great care with her younger sister but sometimes came off as bossy. But the two were best friends.

Daryl was always teasing their littlest sister about having two middle names, Stevie always clocked her over the head when she did so. She got yelled at for it, but she didn't care. She knew they didn't like the teasing, but Daryl would only do it when they weren't home, then.

Their babysitter was their "Aunt" Joan and "Uncle" Hunter, and their daughter Jackson (Jackie.) At an early age Jackie and Stevie declared themselves cousins and it'd stayed that way.

"Stevie, can I talk to you for a moment?" Aunt Joan asked.

Stevie nodded and Joan led her into Stevie's room and shut the door.

"Your Mom texted, she said your dad and her got into a fight, and well, things might be a little cold and mean around here for a while." Joan told Stevie.

"So you want me to tell Daryl and Lucy?" Stevie asked.

"Yes." Joan replied.

Stevie left abruptly and went back to their game.

"Draw two, Stevie Wonder!" Daryl exclaimed, throwing down a draw two.

"Dang."

Stevie was known to cheat and the other two siblings watched her with a close eye, she did not cheat and the two sisters relaxed a bit. After about twenty minutes the door opened and all three girls pounced on their parents as soon as they walked in. Daryl and Lucy were close to Steph, while Stevie was daddy's little girl.

"How was Uncle Shane?" Daryl asked.

"How was Grandma? Was she happy again?" Lucy asked.

"Daaaaaad, the two chickens behaved for once." Stevie reported.

Mark smiled and picked Stevie up, Lucy and Daryl immediately didn't like being grounded and Steph grabbed Daryl while Mark picked up Lucy.

"So, playing cards are ya? Did Stevie cheat again?" Mark asked Lucy.

"She tried. Uncle Hunter busted her good. She had to draw four."

"See what happens when you indiscreetly cheat, Stevie?" Mark told Stevie.

"You're encouraging her to cheat? I don't need my oldest daughter becoming a gambler, thank you very much." Steph said.

"What brought that on? I just told her she should chose her moments more wisely." Mark replied.

Steph groaned and carried Daryl into her room, closing the door.

"Why did Momma go into me and Daryl's room, Papa?" Lucy asked.

"It's complicated, honey." Mark replied.

Lucy looked a little upset and asked to be let down, she went to her room and knocked, Steph must have told her to come in, because she disappeared into her room almost at once. Aunt Joan and Uncle Hunter began to grab their things while Jackie reported she'd see Stevie at the "No Way Out" PPV that was coming up.