Chapter three: the first...

Start from the beginning

Delilahs head snaps back up, her eyes boring into mine.

“Sorry?” I manage to mumble. The awkward, yet tense silence takes over once again, trying to find something interesting to talk about, my blue eyes land on the porcelain grand staircase.

“Soo?” I ask, while fumbling with my knuckles. Nothing but the sound of knuckles cracking is all I hear in response. Unable to take the silence I begin searching my brain for a conversation starter.

“Soo? Umm May...are those new stairs?” My fingers point towards the staircase while I attempt starting a conversation. Oh who am I kidding, stairs? Honestly Bianca, stairs? Dee’s eyes leave the ground to look at the stairs which are situated beside her. Sending me a puzzled expression, my eyes meet Samuels who looks just as bewildered as Delilahs had been.

Clearing her throat one last time, Dee looks towards the staircase before looking at me again.

“The stairs? No they’re not new.” her eyes stay focused on me for another millisecond before resuming to look at the ground again. The silence returns, more intense and awkward, except this time Samuel keeps clearing his throat every ten seconds.

With my eyes darting between the two, I can’t help but feel bored, it’s like we’ve become strangers towards each other. The irritating sound of Samuel clearing his throat is starting to get to me, sending him my best glare to show my irritation, he shrugs in response. Praying for a miracle to happen to end this torturous silence, Samuel speaks up.

“Soo? What do we do now?” Samuel’s eyes never meet mine, instead they fall right onto Delilah. With the both of us watching her intensely her fingers reach for the lose curl that hangs behind her ear, and releases it. She opens her mouth slightly, her lips part to form some sort of sound, except no sound comes out.  Switching my gaze, so that it now focuses on Samuel, I raise my brows at him to indicate to do something. His response, he clears his throat. Again.

Unable to stand another second in this silence, I throw my cardigan, which my hands were once occupying, onto the ground. With both heads now looking towards me I send them both a grim smile.

“You kno-“

“SAMUEL!”  My eyes travel towards the door leading to the kitchen, I let out a frustrated groan. Just when I’m about to start a proper conversation I’m interrupted by, Natasha. Her almond coloured eyes fall onto my figure, her mouth open agape, her eyes dart  between Samuel and me. Closing the distance between us, Natasha circles her arms around both Samuel's and my neck; she stood still for a second before squealing and jumping.

“EEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKK. OMG.OMG.OMG. Bianca and Samuel are here, aaaaaww now the whole gangs here, Dee, Sammy boy and Bianca!”

“It’s nice to see you too Natasha, now do you mind letting go of me and Samuel, I think he’s going a little blue.” I gasp out, immediately Natasha’s death grip on me is released. Her fingers instantly take hold of Samuels face.

“Sorry, Sammy boy, it’s just that I didn’t know you-wait a minute your still in one piece?”

Samuels’s eyes rake over his body before he shoots Bianca a puzzled look.

“Umm, why wouldn’t I be?”

“Didn’t like Dee jump your bones once she saw you?” Bianca points out as if it's the most obvious thing ever.

“What does jumped your bones mean?” Adam casually strolls in, hugging my knees quickly he sends Samuel a quick wave.

“Hi Samuel. Your...Tall.” His eyes stare at Samuels’s tall figure with awe. Tugging on Natasha’s shirt Adam bounces wildly.