Chapter three: the first...

Start from the beginning

“No! No! No! You can’t just come over for no reason. There has to be a reason for why you are here.” Making sure my voice holds no emotion, I keep my eyes downcast. Why did she have to be here, it makes everything harder. What with mum constantly trying to figure out what’s wrong with me but with Bianca here I'm bound to break.

Peering through my lashes, Bianca’s eyes stares at me intensely while her face holds a deep frown.

“There doesn’t need to be a reason for me to be here.” she whispers.

“No, no there’s a reason. What was it? Was it my mum? Who am I kidding of course it was my mum. She realised she couldn’t get through me so she goes and gets you didn’t she?” my fists clench shut. We stand there silently, the atmosphere suffocating the two of us.

Just as I am about to walk off the doorbell rings. Walking past her I hear her whisper just low enough for me to hear.

“You did change, didn’t you?” brushing her comment aside I open the door slowly. A familiar set of eyes comes into view. Our eyes meet, briefly, before I turn to look at Bianca once again.

“Or was it Samuel that convinced you to come down” I press, my eyes returning to the male body that stands outside my door.

Bianca’s p.o.v

If you had told me this was the Delilah I’d come face to face with today. Then I wouldn’t believe you. If you told me that she wouldn’t be happy to see me. Then I wouldn’t believe you.  But if you had told me that Delilah was able to show absolute no emotion. Then I’d call you crazy.

But in the half hour I spent with Delilah, I can tell there is something wrong. In everything she’s done, how she speaks, acts even the way she looks at you there is no emotion evident. Even the words she just spoke held no emotion. If someone else had said it probably would’ve held hatred to it, instead they held nothing. her eyes are what hit me the most, they hold nothing, and not once do they ever meet mine, if she speaks t you they're looking down, if she's looking at you they don't focus on your eyes. it's like she's hiding, something.

Looking at the door which is now halfway open, a male body pushes his way through. As much as I want to smile, I’m still recovering from the words Delilah had spoken. I felt his arm circle their way around me as he pulls me into a brief hug.

“Hey Bianca, I see you’ve gone taller?” My lips curl at the side.

“It’s nice to see you too Sammy boy.” Slowly pulling him away from me, Samuel takes one cautious step towards Delilah. Lifting his arms to give her a small hug, Dee takes one quick step back before lifting her left palm.

“Don’t-“

“Dee I was just going to give you a hug, I’m not going to hurt you-“

“Don’t, I said don’t come near me.” her eyes keep darting towards the porcelain staircase then towards me and Samuel. I raise my eyebrows at her questioningly.

“May he’s not going to hurt you.” I watch Delilah carefully; her eyes are kept down cast, her curls framing her petite figure. She stands there, a good distance away from me and Samuel by the staircase. 

The ear piercing silence is starting to get to me; I turn to look at Samuel who simply stands there, opening his mouth then closing it yet again numerous amounts of time. Delilah however simply stands there, like a lost soul, her mind doesn’t seem to be in her body. Her body is just there, still and motionless, it’s like she wasn’t here with us. Looking back at Samuel who now opened his mouth yet again I couldn’t help but snigger to myself. I don’t know why, but it just seems funny looking at the two of them.