Chapter 35

The piano begins to play as the instrumental version of 'All of me' by John Legend softly plays.

I peek out the curtain watching the bridesmaids walk down the isle with the groomsmen.

A small smirk crawls across my face as I watch Kelsey walk down the isle with Renn's best friend Charl's.

I can only see the back of her but I can tell by the reaction of the crowd that she looks stunning.

There is a group of 5 groomsmen and bridesmaids.

It's gotten to the end. I walk to the curtains that open all the way revealing my father and me. I can't back out now.

Everyone rises and the song changes to 'All too well' by Taylor Swift.

I look to my father as he takes my arm and I hold it tight.

The curtains sway open and I can see everyone and everything.

There are 100 guests and 4 photographers capturing the special day.

At the end of each row of chairs there is a white long curtain that droops down with white and blue cala lilies tied to each end.

My beautiful maids are dressed in baby blue and white dresses with their hair all tied up in the fanciest of ways.

The bouquets have roses, cala lilies, gerbra daisies and iris.

Finally my dress.

I have a long puffy strapless dress.

The waist is tight giving it the perfect fit. But from my waist down it is puffy.

I have a baby blue sash around my waist aswell. The top part has white lace layered ontop.

My hair is pulled up into a fancy bun with a small vail.

My shoes are plain white heels that cover my toes.

I look around at everyone who is gasping at me, smiling, taking photos and some crying.

It's very quiet now as I make my way down the isle.

I take quick notice at the waves infront of me as we are feet away from the beautiful blue water.

The key west air is so perfect.. a slight breeze rushes past me and I feel more comfort.

Now all my attention is on Renn, he is smiling at me uncontrollably. I can't take my eyes off how handsome he is.

My father and I stop at the end and he kisses me on my cheek.

"I love you dear." he whispers before walking beside my mother.

I join hands with Renn before turning to the pastor.

"Dearly beloved... we gather here today." Is all I can hear before I'm mesmerized by Renn.

I look in his eyes and get lost.

I can hear everyone laugh so I play along.

I can't hear a thing nor do I try.

It takes almost 10 minutes before I snap back to reality.

Now we put our rings on and say our vows

"Repeat after me..." the pastor says

"I, Renn Anderson..."

Renn repeats

"I, Renn Anderson, take you Carlie Nicholson, to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part." They go back and fourth as Renn repeats.

Now it's my turn

"Repeat after me." the priest turns to me

"I, Carlie Nicholson, take you Renn Anderson, to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part." I finish repeating and begin to tear up but make sure not to let it out.

"With the power invested in me, I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Anderson.. you may now kiss the bride." he finishes and Renn leans in, he tilts me back and kisses me.

We stand up and turn to everyone clapping, crying, sniffling, and cheering.

I'm suddenly lifted off the ground as Renn carries me down the isle.

He sets me down and we quickly rush to the hotel where the reception and cocktail hour is held.

We go into a private room together, I take out my phone and we take the first selfie as a married couple.

I look to Renn and smirk as he takes off his first layer of his tuxedo revealing his fancy shirt.

He pulls off his tye and I help him put on his bow tye.

I look in his eyes quickly before giving him a small kiss.

"Come on." I grab his hand and we sneak out trying to avoid the guests seeing us.

I drop my dress as Kelsey pulls me into a bear hug.

"Congratulations Carlie!" she yells

"Thanks Kelsey." I smile before squeezing her and then releasing.

I hug each of my bridesmaids and the groomsmen before the photographer comes over.

We all walk down the street. People beep at us and we scream.

Renn grabs my hand and we begin to run to the water, we wanted to walk awhile down the beach for photos.

We do a few of the bridesmaids and and groomsmen.

Me and my maids, Renn and his men. Renn and my maids, I and his men.

We do some of just me and Kelsey, my sisters and I and just me

before Renn and I join them in a few more photos.

After the photographer is is satisfied we walk down to the water.

I hear a few snaps of the camera as Renn and I look out at the Crystal blue water.

"Turn your heads!" Andrew yells and we do as he says. Andrew is the man taking our photos.

Then Renn does something unexpected.

He swoops me up and before I know it we are in the water, up to our ankles but in the water.

The bottom of my dress is soaked and the water rushes through my bare feet.

I want to scream but I brought an extra dress thinking this would happen. I wanted to change for the reception anyway because my waist is being squished.

So I laugh, I squeal from the cool water but I laugh as Renn pulls me in and kisses me.

I rest my head on his chest.

I want to stay like this forever.

We take a few more photos before I am due back to change.