Chapter 19

RENNS POV

"Katelynn Dobelhall and Carlie Nicholson, have both been abducted by the same person, Katelynn is 17, Carlie is 18, Katelynn has blue eyes and blonde hair, in the photo we found Carlie's hair has been dyed blonde and she has blue contacts.
Am I the only one who notices a connection here?" I point out.

"Are you trying to say... I don't understand." Daryl begins, but quickly stops.

"I'm trying to say, this man wants young girls, blonde with blue eyes. " I state.

"But why?" Jim can't seem to put the pieces together.

"I don't know maybe you would know you guys are the investigators!" I throw my hands up.

"We are trying here!" Daryl stands.

"Not hard enough!" My voice cracks.

Everyone is silent...
Jim looks at Daryl and sighs

"Hey Daryl, can we have a minute?" Jim refers to him and I.

Daryl looks at me and than leaves.

Jim takes a seat infront of me and sighs once more before beginning his sentence.

"My daughter was abducted by a serial killer. She was lost for over 7 years before we found her, she was unharmed but changed." He frowns

"I'm sorry to hear that sur, but are you trying to tell me that Carlie won't be the same person? How will she be changed?" I question

"No, I'm trying to say that it could be years before we find Carlie." The news breaks my heart.

Carlie's POV
I sit handcuffed on my bed as I get hand fed some chicken broth.

I've gotten treated better from David now, I've realized that I won't survive if I don't do as he says... And I need to see Renn atleast once more.

I've received a 'maid' who mostly caters to my every need.

Her names is Rosaline, she is short with long dark hair, she has a Mexican accent but doesn't really talk.

David enters the room with a large bin, he puts it down on my table and opens it.

"I got you something dear." He smiles, quickly walking to me and taking my huffs off, dismissing Rosaline.

I look into the box to find tons of books, their all chapter books.
I gasp at the present and take a book out, admiring the perfection.

I take a seat at the small couch infront of my open window. The sun is going down but gives just enough light so I can see the words.

I open the book and carefully stroke my fingers down the book and turn the page, as I read the lines, I smile.

David quietly walks to me, I stop reading and listen to the slow, steady, steps.

He puts his hand on my shoulder, I get taken aback from the gentle touch, but I keep my guards up, is he about to hurt me?

I turn my head slightly to see where he is standing and if he has a weapon, his hand is empty.

He slowly kneels beside me, he looks at me in the eyes knowing I will be trapped, I try and look away from such a beauty.

He puts his hands on my cheeks and pulls me in, his lips touch mine. It doesn't feel right, kissing HIM, he isn't Renn, but if I pull away he might hurt me and I can't handle anymore pain.

I let go of the book beside me and put my hands on his shoulders, he pulls away slowly, thankfully he stops.

I smile at him, I know he sees the pain in my eyes.

"Thank you Kelsey, I haven't felt that in a long time." He smiles

I give him a strange look but smile back at him.

"Enjoy your books." He kisses me once more before leaving.

I look at the ground, I feel the tears flood my eyes. I'm crushed by the way he kissed me, how it felt so wrong, I kissed him and didn't push back, I could've but I didn't.

The tears escape and I can't control them. My teeth begin showing like a dog trying to scare someone away, my breathing gets more raps and I can't control my actions.

I stand up and walk to the books, I look down at them and cock my head to the side.

I use all of my strength and put both of my hands on the side before pushing it over with all my might.

A giant thump erupts as books scatter everywhere. I walk to the fridge and begin throwing everything on the ground. I dump the milk on the floor, I throw the eggs at the wall, the cheese, turkey... Everything is thrown around the room.

The tears stream down my face as I walk into the bathroom bursting through the doors, I open all the drawers and throw everything into the toilet.

I pick up a red lipstick and take off the cap, admiring the perfect end of the stick. I hover it over the mirror before rapidly writing.

"I was kidnapped by a maniac who calls me by who I'm not. My BOYFRIENDS name is Renn, he is the love of my life.. My name is Carlie, C.A.R.L.I.E, my name is NOT KELSEY!" I scream as I fill the large wall mirror with words.

The door flies open and David walks in with 2 of his men, he turns to me and rushes.

"Kelsey, please calm down." He speaks softly

"I'm not Kelsey!" I scream over and over trying to get out Of his grip.

One of the men pulls out a large needle and puts it in my arm.
"No stop it, let me go, leave me alone, LEAVE ME ALONE!" are the last words that come out of my mouth before I black out.