Chapter 9: Follow what your heart tells you

HEY GUYS SORRY FOR THE SUPER LATE UPDATE! 

(well it's always late)

So a few days ago my pinky got slammed against a table and now it's all purple. IT'S NASTY SHIAT. Like seriously it's all fat and ew. Everytime I drink something my pinky has to stick up like I'm British. 

But anyway...

ENJOY!

I grabbed a tray with two empty cups and a pitcher full of lemonade. Walking towards their table, I saw Cody holding Aurelle's hand while she laughed at his joke. Something burned in myself but I soon relaxed. 

Come on Harry, there's no relationship going on between you and Aurelle...

I placed the tray on the table and poured the lemonade in the cups. Aurelle looked at me carefully and smiled. "Thank you Harry. She said holding her cup up to drink it.

"I'll pass on the lemonade. That is probably too sour for me." Cody gave the cup a glare and looked away.

"Um more for me then!" Aurelle laughed a bit and drank some more. "Harry would you like to join us for lunch?"

"Me?" I questioned. 

"Yes you must be tired from all that work and-"

"Sorry Harry but we're sort of busy right now. We're discussing our wedding plans." Cody interrupted.

"we are but-"

Cody babbled on, "But you should get back to your work the kitchen is very messy! Goodbye!" 

I nodded, "O-Okay then...enjoy your lunch your highnesses." I walked back into the kitchen with a sigh. There, I found Anna leaning against the door frame with a strange smirk plastered on her face."What is it now?" I sighed crossing my arms.

"What are you doing Harry?" She asked out of the blue.

"Uh...what?" 

"You clearly love her, she clearly loves you. Do something about it." Anna simply stated.

I chuckled and damped a wet towel with water. "Like what Anna?"

"You gotta be subtle. Since she's Prince Cody's fiance. And you can make the rest up yourself. But have that look on your face that says 'I'm smooth and calm but I love her.' " She gestured her fist in the air motivationaly. 

"And you're sure this will work?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Of course it will sonny. Get your bum out there." She pat my bum like she always does and I laughed.

Come on Harry. You can do this..

I walked outside letting a breath out and stood in front of the two. "Oh hello again Harry." Aurelle greeted.

Cody rolled his eyes, "Yes, hello."

I tried holding a smile even with that fake one Cody was showing me. "Hi. Do you mind if I join you?"

"Yeah you're sorta late sorry buddy." Cody said slyly.

"No he is perfectly fine." Aurelle smiled. "Harold is amazing at archery. Did you know that sweetie?" She complimented cuddling into his shoulder.

"Well I wouldn't say I'm-"

"Oh really? I'd like to see him shoot. How about right now?" Cody stood up and walked out to the field.

Aurelle followed him while he pulled a bow and arrow out from the compartment. "Love I think he's-" 

"No no no he must show me his skills! Isn't that right Harold?"

I nodded a bit. "U-Um s-sure." i took the bow and arrow from him and stood far from the target. Slowly, my arms pulled up and my elbow bent back into position. A breath was released and...

"HARRY!" A little twit yelled from behind me. The arrow shot off the bow and injected into a tree far from the target.

I turned around with my fists clenched. "Cody dear why did you do that?"

"Oh I just saw a wasp on Harry's collar! I had to warn him Relle." 

OH PUH-LEASE.

"Oh." Aurelle nodded.

"Well it's 2 o'clock. I've got to leave my darling. Goodbye. You too Harold." I saw a slight smirk on his face.

Right there right now, I wanted to give him a blistering high five in the face.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 That afternoon, I was outside helping clip the shrubs next to the lawn. I wiped the sweat off my face with the back side of my hand and let out a breath. Then, Aurelle came to view. I squinted my eyes under the hot sun and she waved. I waved back. 

"Harry!" She giggled and ran over to me quickly, but gracefully. 

I smiled putting the clippers down. "Hi love."

"I'm incredibly sorry for the way Cody acts. I can see that irritation when you talk to him." She apologized.

"Oh it's okay. I wasn't irritated."

Aurelle smirked and leaned against a tree. "Sure you weren't."

"I wasn't!" I laughed. "Okay maybe a little."

"That's what I thought." Her nose crinkled and she looked down to her flowy dress. 

I picked up my clippers again cutting a rough side of a shrub. "You...you're not very interested into Cody are you?"

She nodded a bit. "You figured out." 

"And why is that?" My eyes wandered to her sorrowful figure.

"I just...I honestly don't know. I knew I wasn't going to like him in the first place. Yet I tried. Nothing is working out Harry what do I do?"

I scratched my head, "Well do what your heart tells you to do."

She giggled, "Harry stop playing games. I'm being serious."

Walking up to her, I looked her deep in the eyes and smiled. "I am serious." I pressed her chest softly with one finger, "your heart will tell you what to do. So follow it when it does."

Aurelle nodded and grinned. "Okay."

I grinned as well, "Oh don't forget we''ve got dinner tonight remember?"

"Yes. I'll be there." Aurelle held my hand softly.

Was that long? I felt like it was sorta long. Anyway, once again sorry for the late update. I'm really busy right now so yeah. Sorry! 

COMMENT

VOTE

FOLLOW ME IF YOU HAVEN'T!

THANK YOU!