Chapter 8: Archery lessons

Chapter eigggggghhhhhhhhttttt!

Harry's P.O.V.

I watched Aurelle run into the palace doors thinking hard on what she was gonna say. My concern built up in me but it faded away thinking it probably wasn't so important.

I walked back to the not-so-empty ball room filled with fancy ornaments, wreaths, and more decorations that was shipped from all over the world.

We only need it for one night...

-----------------------------

The next morning, I did my morning drills, some cleaning in the halls, and served breakfast. But I couldn't find Aurelle anywhere.

Strange...she's usually wandering around the palace by now.

But Aurelle wasn't in sight. I checked my watch and exited the dining room. Then I bumped into someone. "Sorry I..." I looked up seeing a man with a gray beard and shining crown. The King. I got down on one knee. "I apologize your highness I did not see you on my way out." I uttered looking at the ground.

"You may rise."He ordered I slowly got off my knee and bowed shortly. "Aren't you the servant at my daughter's banquet?...Who fell on her?" He raised an eyebrow.

Ugh I knew he'd remember me.

My hand shook in slight fear. "Y-Yes your majesty."

"Hm." Was all he said. "You may be excused."

I nodded shyly and hurried out to the backyard. Why was I so nervous? Oh I fell on his ONLY daughter! Stupid Harold! Harold...great now my mind is back on Aurelle. Where would that girl be?

I sighed and sat on a marble bench placed next to a water fountain. Propping my elbow onto the edge of the fountain, I looked around my surroundings calmly. Suddenly, an arrow flew straight towards my piercing the sleeve of my uniform to the fountain.

I breathed heavily in shock and found Aurelle at the other side of the garden. "Harry!" She called running to me. "Oh my goodness I'm so sorry!" Aurelle pulled the arrow out of my sleeve. "I'm really sorry! I was practicing my archery for the town's anniversary festival. I have to do this display with the arrows for the opening ceremony. The problem is I've never done archery before."

Laughing, I looked at her as she sat down next to me. "Don't worry love. You're lucky now because I know a thing or two about archery." We both walked to the middle of the lawn, a few yards away from the target. "Okay show me your ready position."

She drawed an arrow out of her pack behind her and swung the bow in her hand quickly. I chuckled looking at her. "What? You told me to get in my ready position."

"You sure? Because that looks more like your Katniss Everdeen impersonation." She rolled her eyes as a grinned. "First, relax everything. You arms, shoulders, elbows. Then put your elbow lower." Aurelle jerked her elbow down a bit.  "Lower...lower..."

"Okay I'm pretty sure that's low enough!" She turned her head slightly to look at me.

I shushed her softly, "Archery takes a calm attitude. Okay close your eyes for like 5 seconds and take in all your surroundings."

She closed her eyes and let out a breath. "Okay..."

I placed my left hand on the bow and my right on the string both on top of Aurelle's hands. She glanced at me then back at the target.

"Focus on the target. One...two..."

Cody's P.O.V.

"After this you have lunch at noon, a tuxedo fitting at 2 and to the field for your football practice your highness." Mr.Burton the butler stated.

He's pretty much my stupid assistant who has to follow me around.

I rolled my eyes as I looked out the window, "Yeah yeah I know. Just hurry up and tell this slow limo driver to step on it. I wanna see my fiance."

We finally got to the front steps of the Williams' palace and Mr. Burton opened the door for me. I walked out grabbing the bouquet of flowers from his hand and stood at the front door. Soon, a maid swung open the large doors. "Good morning Prince Cody would you-"

I cut her off. "Where's Princess Aurelle?"

"Oh she's in the back practicing archery for her-"

"Whatever." I squeezed past the maid and walked towards the garden. There, I saw my fiance in position to shoot an arrow and...who is that guy?

"Aurelle!" I called.

Aurelle's P.O.V.

"One...two..."

"Aurelle!" Another voice called. My focus was soon lost as I swerved my head to see Cody standing in front of the garden entrance. "Aurelle darling!"

My hands pulled down from Harry's as I looked up at him then back to Cody. "Oh...Cody! Nice to see you here...again."

"Just dropped by to give these beautiful flowers to my beautiful fiance." He smiled handing them to me.

"Thank you Cody you're so sweet." I kissed his cheek softly.

He bowed and kissed the top of my hand. "Anything for you Aurelle."

I nodded and glanced at Harry again who was trying to hide his sorrowful face. How could I leave him like this? He mouthed a 'go on' and put on a fake grin.

"Um...who is this Aurelle?" Cody asked wrapping his arm around me protectively.

"Oh right you two never met. Cody this is Harry, Harry this is Cody."

Harry held his hand out, "Nice to meet you."

Cody looked at his hand and scoffed. "Uh you too...okay I've planned a lunch for us here in the garden love. I'm sure curly can clean our dishes after. Come on let's go." Cody pulled me to walk with him and I looked back at Harry. He stared at the ground insulted.

Harry's P.O.V.

I can't believe that guy has the nerve to...UGH! I watched Aurelle and Cody walk away and sighed. Later, a table with lunch snacks spread out across the table. 

Back to my job I guess...