Chapter 2: The blanket

Aurelle's P.O.V.

I slipped on my soft slippers and crept down the steps hearing my dad's voice echo through the whole room. A fire was lit in the fireplace as my dad discussed with the congress. I didn't pay much attention to their conversation as I passed the room.

Then, I bumped into Lisa one of the house keepers. "Princess! What are you-"

"Shhh!" I shushed.

"Oh I'm sorry your highness. But why are you out of your bedroom?" Lisa whispered.

"I-I...I just wanted a snack I guess." I lied.

Lisa scurried to the kitchen. "I'll get that ready and send it up to your room."

"No, it's fine. I'll get it myself. Thank you though." I replied.

"You're welcome Princess." Lisa answered.

"Wait. Lisa can I ask one more thing?" I muttered.

"Anything Princess."

I turned back to her. "Can I borrow one of the warmest blankets you have?"

She nodded, "Of course." Lisa rummaged through the closets and grabbed a white, soft, wool blanket.

She handed it to me and a smiled. "Thank you."

"You're welcome Princess. Good night." Lisa left with her mop and things and I tip toed to the kitchen. It was completely empty and dark. I switched on the lights with the blanket rolled up in my hands and walked across the cold tile. I made my way to the back door and opened it slightly causing a creaking sound. Stepping out into the cold, I turned to my left finding the boy sleeping on the wet cement.

He was shivering as I noticed he was only in a white button up t-shirt and had a very thin blanket over him. I paced around him examining his features. His face was covered with the same brown, curly hair I saw from my window. I spread the blanket over him feeling bad for this boy who slept out in the cold. The only thing I wondered was...what he looked like. Crouching down, I pushed his hair away and saw the boy's dimpled face. I felt his smooth skin run across my knuckles as he slept peacefully.

I stood up and strolled back inside with a yawn. I turned off the lights from the kitchen and noticed the congress had already left. My dad must be upstairs. I shrugged it off and climbed up the steps. Once I got to my door, I heard my name being called. "Aurelle?" It was my dad. "What are you doing up so late?"

"Oh...sorry dad I just went to get a quick snack." I went on again.

"Why didn't you ask Lisa or one of the other servants?" He asked.

"U-um, I wanted to get it myself." I said simply.

My dad nodded, "Okay. Well head back to sleep. You have a lot to be done tomorrow for your birthday."

I kissed his cheek. "Good night dad."

"Sleep well." He replied walking back to his office.

I opened my door and laid on my bed with my face up at the ceiling again. Soon, I drifted off to sleep.

Harry's P.O.V.

-The next day-

The sun shined directly in my eyes making me squint. I yawned, stretched out my arms and pushed off the soft, warm, wool blanket in front of me.

...WAIT A SECOND...

Where did this come from? I'm pretty sure I didn't use this blanket last night. These were one of the blankets used for the bedrooms in the palace. So that means someone from inside the palace put this on me last night.

Who was it though?

I shrugged, folded the blanket into a neat stack, and shook my hair out. I opened the door of the kitchen and turned the lights on. Like every morning, I'm the first one here. I checked the wall clock. 4:40 AM. Plenty of time to get ready for the morning. I went through the kitchen cupboards and grabbed a box of corn flakes, got the milk from the fridge, and a bowl. I finished my breakfast in no time and hurried to the servant bathroom. As I took a shower I sang through the fog not being too loud. When I was done, I pulled my same work clothes I use for serving and fixed my hair.

The other housekeepers and maids tell me to change my hair style but I don't care. I like the way it is.

My bow tie went around my neck and I tightened it a bit. Soon, I was finished and made a sharp smile at the mirror. "Perfect." I muttered brushing off my shoulders.

Aurelle's P.O.V.

"Aurelle...Aurelle honey...wake up." I opened my eyes slowly seeing my mum standing above me.

"Morning mum." I replied with a yawn.

She parted the curtains showing the bright sun. "Good morning sweetie. Hurry and get yourself ready. You've got a dress fitting to go to."

I nodded and lazily slumped to my bathroom. After I cleaned myself up, I walked downstairs for breakfast. My mum and dad sat at the table. "Good morning dad."

"Morning Relle." He answered as servants came in with plates of food, beverages, and more.

Harry's P.O.V.

It's already 7 AM and the kitchen is already rumbling. Servants are going in and out of the doors serving food for the King, Queen, and Princess. I really want to go out there to see the princess again but...I can't. I'm not supposed to be serving on breakfast. I only do special occasions. But usually, the princess isn't at any of those. I try to scratch my forehead using my forearm as I wash the dishes. "Here Harry." One of the cooks say dropping two pots in the sink. I rinse water of them and continue the cycle all over again.

Aurelle's P.O.V. (A/N: I know I'm switching back and forth a lot but sorry!)

I finished my last bite on my plate and glanced at my dad and my mum. "Are you okay Relle?" My mum asks.

I look down at my empty plate. "Yes. I'm fine."

My mum nodded and stood up. "Come on. We've got a dress fitting to go to. We'll be back at 9 Nicholas." She says kissing my dad's cheek.

"Okay. Oh, Aurelle, your mum and I have already decided on a Prince." My dad's low voice called while his pushed up his glasses.

"Who is he?" I ask a bit worried.

I felt a light push from my mum, "We'll tell you at your birthday banquet dear. Now come on, or we'll be late." Hanging my head down at the ground, I followed her out to the front door and climbed into our palace's Rolls Royce.

Sorry if this was a bad chapter :( I'm sorry. It's just the beginning that's why! But the next chapter is when Aurelle and Harry will meet... Ok bye!!!