FUBAR x

FUBAR: "Fucked Up Beyond All Reasoning." A popular military term.

Warning: this chapter is a bit offensive for a number of reasons.

I approached him cautiously with no intention of scaring him. With each step I took his pale, bruised skin came into my slightly nearsighted field of vision and his sobs became louder. He visciously pressed into his eye sockets and rubbed his face that was hidden with a curtain of brown, messy hair.

I was within feet of him when I whispered to him. "Louis?" I say softly.

His sobs stop and he brings his hands from his face, looking up at me with a panicked expression as his bloodshot eyes danced across my face.

"We have to go inside, open the door," he said with a slight crack of his voice.

Seeing him like this hurts me so badly. "Stella we don't have time to sit out here, okay? Open the fucking door and then hide your car," his voice strong and demanding as opposed to the weak and structure lacking sentence he spoke moments ago.

I say nothing and follow his instructions: I unlock the back door and jog to my car, driving it into the backyard.

I walk into the house, greeted by Louis standing in the hall near my bedroom.

"What's wrong," I ask softly.

He says nothing and grabs my hands, I can feel his blood pressure rising. "It's Harry."

The name sounds foreign on his lips. I shake my head, confused. "What about 'em?"

"Stella, what has he told you?" He completely ignores my question.

"Uhm, he- I don't know," I say, releasing his grip on my hands, massaging my temples as I turn away from him. "What are you asking?"

He huffs at me and walks towards my kitchen frantically, closing blinds and locking windows. "As in Zayn and I," he says through gritted teeth as he walks towards the living room, tugging at his messy hair. He looks absolutely mad.

I stop trailing behind him and try to understand what the fuck is going on. "Why? Just tell me what's going on," I say in exasperation.

Louis stops in his tracks and lets his head fall as he turns to me. He then looks up at me with dilated blue eyes, a next level panic taking over his features. He's an emotional mess. "Harry took Zayn- not Harry himself but one of Harry's men, an old friend of mine. He found out where he lives and I just don't know if they're coming for me or not and- Jesus Stella I'm so fucking scared; I can't let that monster hurt me anymore. And poor Zayn- fuck. Zayn is probably falling apart right now-"

I grab his right arm, pulling him into my body to calm his thoughtless ranting. I rest my head on his shoulder and place my hand on the back of his neck to calm him further. He sobs into my shoulder.

"No," he says as he makes a weak attempt to push me away. "You decided to stay with him even after he told you what he'd done. You're just as much of a monster as he is." I release him and look at him, puzzled.

"It was an accident, Louis."

He scoffs through his tears. "An accident? I know what an accident looks like, and that shit ain't it," he says firmly. "He ruined our lives, Stella."

What the fuck is this?

He examines my facial expressions for a moment and then speaks. "He's been lying to you." 

He proceeds into the living room, I follow close behind. He closes the shades and draws the curtains, taking a seat in the middle of the floor immediately after. I look at him and he gestures for me to sit down on the couch. I do as instructed.