White Lies x

I rush upstairs to the guest bedroom for my cell phone that I've been neglecting for so long. I bound the steps, skipping one each step I take. I completely ignore the fact that I'm out of shape as I run into the guest bedroom and rip my phone from the charger.

"Fuck fuck fuck fuck," I say quietly to myself as my shaky hands attempt to unlock the phone. 

Six missed calls from Louis yesterday and six text messages from him.

L: Hey look I know we never really talked about that kiss lol I was just really horny

L: and yes tackling Zayn with a raging boner was a little weird

L: but hey I'm all for new experiences 

I snort at the texts. "Yeah... Right," I say to myself as I continue scrolling to more recent messages. As of now you and I both know you and Harry fucked- you thought you were slick eh?

L: Stella I really need you right now.

L: Please call me asap, it's really important.

I glance at the next message and see the word "babe" and cringe at the word. But I roll my eyes and continue to read it.

L: Babe it's important. I know you're not working with us anymore but we need you.

Damn right I'm not working with you anymore. But do I actually care enough? What if he's in trouble? I swallow hard as I stare at the screen and run a hand through my messy hair. 

"Fuck," I say to myself as I sigh in defeat and begin typing a message.

Stella: I'm on my way.

I send the text and put the phone to sleep. 

Just as I'm about to send it, I get an immediate response.

L: Please hurry.

I throw the phone on the bed and rush to get ready.

----------------

The first thing I notice as I drive up to Zayn's building is one of Harry's cars sitting in one of the parking spots. My stomach flutters in fear. Why the hell is that here? I look over to try and see if anyone is in it and sure enough, no one is.

As I'm pulling into the parking spot beside Louis' car my phone rings. 

I pick it up to see who it is, it's Louis of course.

I clear my throat and run a hand through my hair. "It's just Louis, It's just Louis," I chant as I calm my breathing. Why am I so damn flustered.

I answer the call and bring the phone to my ear. "Hello?" I say quietly.

"Are you almost here?" He says, his voice lined with panic.

"Yes, I'm in front of the building." I turn off the car, pulling the key out of the ignition afterwards. "I'm coming in," I say while I stepping out of the car, nearly tripping over myself as I walk toward the doors.

"Just please hurry up, the police officer in the lobby is expecting you so he should let you up, " he says as I step in the building, immediately locking onto a familiar pair of eyes near the elevator. 

Of course it's officer Irwin- I mean, with my luck, why wouldn't it be?

My heart flutters at the sight of him. I know I shouldn't feel this way towards him- especially after the way he touched me. But damn he looks sinful.

"Ok I gotta go," I say as I hang up and lock my phone, giving Irwin an eye roll as I approach him. He folds his arms and leans against the wall, looking unintentionally flawless.