Awakening: part 1 x

*Warning*: Chapter may contain triggering content.

He is planting soft open mouthed kisses onto my neck. "I've always wondered what your skin felt like," he says briefly before continuing. Just as he begins sucking gently below my jaw bone, nearly taking me away from the light completely, his phone rang.

We both jump, my eyes shooting open and him pulling away immediately.

I cough and adjust my clothes so that I look untouched

He coughs and reaches for the phone in his pocket, laughing nervously as I watch him.

His blush dusted face falls serious when he sees who it is. "It's Zayn."

Before I can ask him who Zayn is he clears hus throat and answers the phone, talking to the man on the other end in a comforting voice.

"Hey buddy, what's going on," he asks him cautiously. He pauses and listens and then his face falls into a deep frown of concern. "Just stay where you are," he says turning the car back on and shifting into drive. He seems panicked as we pull back onto the road. "Just stay where you are I'm on my way to help you," he says more sternly and listens to him over the phone again. "..No you have so much to live for, " he says panicked. He applies more pressure to the gas. "So many people love you, and I am one of them. I love you so much, Zayn," he says as tears form in his eyes but he keeps his voice soft and comforting. Louis is falling apart before my very eyes and I can't comfort him. "Ok, Zayn I'm on my way to see you. I love you buddy, " he says sweetly with tears now rolling down his cheeks. He hangs up the phone and wipes the tears from his eyes with his knuckle. He lets out a soft sniffle.

"Zayn is one of my patients. He's severely schizophrenic," he says softly. "He said the voices are getting louder and he can't take it anymore," he says. "They told him how to end it all," I've never seen him this way and I don't like it. I'm, for the first time in months, speechless. "Jesus Stella," he breaths. "Fucking say something to me," he says loudly as he roughly runs a hand through his hair, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Do you think he will actually do it?" I ask through the lump in my throat.

"I honestly don't know" he says expressionless, his voice cracking. I place a hand on his thigh to try and soothe him. He flinches, but quickly melts under my touch. "I need you to call the police so they can be ready in case he.." he says hiccuping. He lets out a soft whimper. I rub his thigh in small circles to try and calm him down. I then pull out my phone and dial the police and explain the situation.

------------
We pull up to a very large apartment building. Louis quickly parks the car and hops out. I follow him closely. "I want you to just watch for now," he says. "This is your first time doing this and you don't have the correct training to talk to a person threatening to take their own life," he says.

"Did he say how he would do it?" I ask.

"He said he was going to hang himself," he says concentrating directly in front of himself.

We take and elevator up to the 21st floor and quickly exit as the doors slide open. "Wait here," he says as we stand in front of a door. He pushes the door open and quietly says Zayn's name. He waves for me to come in as he take slow steps toward the bedroom.

As we approach the closed door I hear quiet sobbing coming from the other side. "Zayn," Louis whispers while cautiously opening the door.

There is a man sitting on the edge of the bed, his dark skin glistening with sweat, his face stained with tears. My heart drops when I see the gun in his hand, he is looking down at it with his finger on the trigger. "Hey buddy," Louis cooes to him.

Moments later the dark skinned man looks up at us as if he has just taken notice to our presence. I gasp as I look into his warm brown eyes, but oddly enough they have an emptiness to them. He looks like he hasn't slept for days. His bare chest rises and falls at a very slow rate and I can't help but wonder how he is taking in enough oxygen.

A broken smile dances across his lips. "Hi Louis," he says. Suddenly his eyes fall dark and he frowns and begins violently banging the gun against his head as if he were punishing himself. Louis tries to inch closer to him but the other man quickly stands up from the bed, roughly holding the gun up to his head. His black hair falling into his face as his tears fall down to the corners of his mouth. His breathing increases heavily. "They said that this is the only way to completely get rid of them. They want me to do this, they care about me enough to tell me how to stop my pain," he smiles widely showing all of his teeth. He presses the gun to his head harder. "They love me, Lou," he says as he cocks the gun, still smiling.

"Stop listening to them, lad. They don't know what's best for you. They only mean harm to you," Louis says, his voice slightly cracking. Louis is beginning to panic, I can tell he isn't going to last too much longer.

He stops for a moment as if he is listening and snaps his neck quickly in my direction. "They tell me she's hear to hurt me," his face falls expressionless and he quickly points the gun in my direction. Louis' face flushes to a pale white color. My heart falls into my stomach as I throw my hands in the air, showing him that I am weaponless.

Louis lets out a soft gasp. "She's here to help you, Zayn."

Zayn ignores him. "What's your name, whore?"

I am speechless, he called me a whore. "My name is Stella," I say shakily. I notice Louis inching towards him and he hints for me to keep speaking. He has a plan. "And what's your name, sweetie?" I ask in a motherly tone.

His eyes soften a bit. "Zayn, now stop asking me questions," he says tightening the grip around the gun, his gaze becoming more hostile.

"Well hello Zayn," I say casually, smiling at him. "I'm sure you know that there are so many people who love you, I think I'm beginning to take a liking to you. You are such a beautiful person and there is so much potential within you," I say, shocked at my rush of confidence.

"Yeah," he says and then pauses, as if listening. He grins. "They say you're a cum guzzling sewer rat. Should I believe them? Should I erase you from this world for the better of man kind?" he says.

I'm so baffled by his words that my mouth slightly gapes. Where is all of this coming from? Surely he doesn't know enough about me to assume something like that- something that fucking intense. I'm a virgin for fucks sake.

He parts his lips to say something but is interrupted by Louis smacking the gun from his hand and tightly embracing him. Zayn doesn't even fight back and melts into Louis' embrace as they both slowly fall to the floor.

Louis gestures for me to get the gun and I quickly do so, taking the gun and lying it on the bedside table as far away from Zayn as possible.

Zayn just lays in his embrace, blinking every once in while, completely expressionless. "I'm going back to the hospital, aren't I?" he asks, his beautiful brown eyes are glazed with tears.

Louis says nothing but instead begins to rise from the floor, holding Zayn's inked arm. "Just pack a bag for the hospital," he says morbidly. "I'll come visit you everyday during lunch," he says.

Zayn gives me a saddened smile. "I keep forgetting they're just voices," he says. "But everything they say usually turns out to be true." He walks into his closet and puts on a shirt. Shortly after he begins packing his bag.

I look over to Louis and just as I part my lips to speak Zayn walks out of the closet. He seems much happier than he did before, his smile slightly more genuine than it previously had

Zayn pauses for a moment, as if listening to someone speak. His bag drops to the floor as his face plays a shocked, yet angry, expression. "You're fucking Harry?" he asks loudly, turning in my direction with a fire in his eyes.

This is a surreal experience and I can't breath, like a dense fog has fallen. How does he know who Harry is? "H-How do you.." I say trailing off. My throat has gone dry and I can't speak.

Louis looks over in my direction, he seems extremely disappointed, but also just as shocked as I am. What the fuck is going on, what do they know about him that I don't?