Chapter 5- Letters Are Better Than Text Messages

Start from the beginning

"Please? Just 10 minutes," he asked again with puppy eyes.

"Fine, but 5 minutes and that's all," I said.

"10," he bargained.

"5," I stared.

"Fine 7 minutes it is," he said as he ran to the bathroom.

"I should call Keechee, she would be worried," I told myself.

I took out my phone and called her. She picked up immediately.

"Hello?" She said from the other end.

"Hey," I said.

"Where are you dear? I have been waiting since last night," she asked calmly.

"I'm sorry I should've called. I was on my date and then we went to a bar and I got drunk so I had to stay over at his place," I stated.

"Stay over at his place?" She asked curiously.

"Mhmm," I agreed.

"Wait so you had sex?" She asked excitedly.

"What? Keechee no," I almost shouted.

"Aww man I just got exited for no reason," she said, disappointed.

"Keechee you are unbelievable. By the way my shift will be long so don't wait for me at night, I will be coming late probably," I stated.

"Alright now go have fun and good luck! Bye," she said.

"Thank you and bye," I said as I cut the call.

I waited for solid 10 minutes for him but he didn't come. So I decided to leave but I should tell him that I left instead of just leaving.

I looked around in a room filled with books and found some paper and a pen. I took the paper and wrote: I am sorry that I couldn't stay, I really needed to go. I guess I'll see you around, bye!

I folded the paper in half and placed it on the kitchen counter and left his house.

___

Just as I walked in a store, the worker greeted me as I smiled. I went straight to the clothing section and chose something classy yet professional to wear and I picked out a white shirt, pencil skirt and a blazer.

Perfect!

I checked out and quickly ran to the fitting room and wore the clothes. I looked at myself and it looked pretty professional to me.

Just if the hair cooperated with me. It's always the hair that messes up the look. Having bangs is one of the best and the worst thing.

I got out of the store and took a taxi to the office. When I reached I looked at the office. I am so ready to work.

I walked in and the room smelled like tangerine. This smell never gets old. I have been working for this company since 3 and half years and it has been really good. They provide everything I need. Now that my break is over, I gotta get back.

I heard that today three new bosses were coming and now I will be the assistant of one of them. I hope they aren't grumpy because I definitely can't deal with grumpy.

I went to my office and just as I opened the door, a loud glass breaking sound filled the hallway.

I looked back and saw a girl looking angrily at Jared. She wore a black pencil skirt and a red shirt. Her hair were long and straight. Her eyes were brown just like her hair.

"Can't you see, you blind asshole," she shouted at Jared.

Oh god. I walked towards her and she looked at me. "I'm sorry ma'am," Jared apologized to me.

"What happened?" I asked, looking at the girl and then back at Jared.

"Nothing ma'am I was just sitting at my desk and she came storming inside and bumped into me. Now she is blaming me for spilling the coffee on her," Jared stated looking at me right in the eye.

"Liar! He is fucking lying," she said looking at me. "This dumbfuck was whistling at the girls and when I stood up for them he spilled the coffee on me."

I looked at Jared and his eyes didn't meet mine. "No ma'am I was just-" he started.

"Enough Mr. Cuddle. This is an office where everyone is respected and it seems like you lack respect for girls. Well then you are no longer needed at this office. I will consult Mr. Chivalry about this effective immediately until then you can pack your things," I spoke as professionally as I could.

"Yes ma'am," he said between his gritted teeth and left from the office.

"Damn that was so fucking professional," the girl said as she placed her hand around my neck.

I looked at her and removed her hand from my neck. She looked at me and extended her arm. "I am Rhea, Rhea Kapoor," she introduced herself with a big smile.

I also extended my arm and shook hers. "Olive, Olive Montgomery," I introduced myself with a small smile.

"Ooh I love olives by the way," she commented.

I was taken aback by what she said. That was so random. I scoffed. "So Ms. Kapoor what brought you to this office?" I asked sincerely.

"No formalities. Just call me Rhea," she said placing her hand on mine.

"I'm sorry but unless I personally know you, I don't call by names. This is work place and I believe that we should be professional," I spoke. "I'll take your leave now."

I started walking towards my office but then I realized that she needed help. I looked back and saw her leaving the building. I sighed and went to my office.

___

I'm really sorry for the late updates. School can be really stressful and being a junior isn't even easy ugh. Freshmen life was perfect.

I'll try updating every once in a week or two. Don't forget to vote and comment.