7.

The days carried on with me and your father getting closer and closer, while Sakura was falling apart while trying to hold herself together.

~•~

Karin sat next to her father as he played the piano, humming a song and teasing his daughter.

"Dad!" Karin complained as her father ruffled her hair.

"Sasuke!" Her father mimicked her voice.

"W-What? Dad!" Karin said blushing.

Her father chuckled. "You can't hide anything from me, but seriously. Sasuke? You couldn't get anyone else?"

"Come on dad." Karin complained.

"I would have said the same thing for anyone in Sasuke's place though." Her father continued.

"Why?" Karin asked.

"I'll have to share you now, that's why." Her father let out an uneasy laugh.

Karin's eyes softened as she hugged her father. "I love you, dad."

"That's the problem, I love you too." He replied. "Have you told him yet?"

Karin shook her head. "I don't know why, but I have this feeling that Sakura loves him too."

"Karin, Sakura is just a close friend of Sasuke's. I'm sure he loves you too." Her father said.

"No dad, behind that friendship there is a strong love. I can't come between that." Karin said.

Karin's father turned to her. "Karin the whole campus knows this, Sasuke and Sakura are just best friends."

Karin stared at her father for a while before nodding. He's known them longer than she has so she chose to believe him, yet she couldn't shake the uneasy feeling she got.

-

"You should tell him how you feel." Tsunade said, staring at the pinkette lounging on the couch.

"What's the point? He loves Karin." Sakura replied.

"You'll regret not telling him in the future, because what could have been will never happen." Tsunade said.

Sakura thought for a minute before taking a deep breath and grabbing her phone, sending a text to Sasuke.

"I'm going to go meet up with him." Sakura said after she got a reply. Tsunade nodded and ushered the girl out of the house, wishing her a 'good luck'. Neither of them took notice of the grey clouds.

Not wanting to be late, Sakura began running to the football field behind the school. Upon getting there, she saw Sasuke running towards her too and couldn't help the let out a laugh at the funny face he was making. Once they reached each other they took a moment to catch their breaths before Sakura spoke.

"Hey Sasuke, I--" but she was cut off.

"I love you." Sasuke grinned at her. Sakura's eyes widened and all the words she was going to say got caught in her throat.