-35-

For the past week, Dan has been wondering how he's gonna tell everyone he cares about that he's gay, in some way shape or form. He just doesn't know what to do. He knew Phil would be accepting but what was he to say when Phil asked how he knew?

'Oh, well, Charly could see I was totally in love with you and helped me realize it.'

Like what? How was he gonna do that.

Was Dan supposed to lie? He couldn't do that to Phil. Maybe he just needed to warm up, but on who. He loved Chris (as a friend obviously) but he never really brought up any sort of LGBT topics in front of him, so Dan wasn't really sure if Chris would accept it.

Dan just took a deep breath.

danisnotonfire: lol i think im gay

'Well, that's one way to put it' Dan thought. He imagined it being more, emotional but that wasn't exactly in Dan's nature. Anytime he was angry, sad, or scared he always covered it up by taking things not even remotely seriously.

crabstickz is typing...

Dan sits nervously, waiting for the response, wondering why it was taking so long. Chris was upset, he knew it. Dan just took a deep breath. Maybe he couldn't find any way to say what he was feeling? He just forgot it and turned his phone off, not wanting to worry about it. So he just played video games for a few hours.

Those hours later, however, he turned on his phone.

2 snaps from: crabstickz

Dan inhaled deeply, worried at what Chris thought of him now.

crabstickz: kewl beans man, congrats. i knew it the whole time lol

crabstickz: you there?

Dan grinned at the phone.

danisnotonfire: thanks lol

He was glad that was out of the way. It was such a relief to have gotten that out to someone on his own will.

Now, what was he to do about Phil? He thought about it for hours on end. He considered telling Phil about his feelings and considered not telling him at all, but he just decided to wing it, because nothing he thought would work in his head, had a possibility of not working.

- - - - -

"How about a game of 2 truths one lie?" Dan asks, out of the blue as Phil, Peyton, and Dan sit on the couch, watching the credits of American Horror Story.

"Yeah, sure." Phil shrugs. Dan gets nervous all of the sudden, realizing he had no clue if Peyton was even liberal in any way. What if she kicked him out? He just took a deep breath and ignored it, because he knew Phil would never let that happen.

"Phil? Wanna go first?" Dan asks.

"Yeah," He trails, thinking for a moment. "Okay did I 1, Leave a dead rabbit on my mums bed, 2, Was I experimented on for drugs, or 3, offered 1,000 pounds to be tickled."

Dan thinks for a moment.

"I think the lie is you were offered 1,000 pounds to be tickled." He laughs.

"Lie is you were experimented on for drugs." Peyton says, not having to think.

"Correct!" Phil exclaims, pointing to Peyton.

"Wait, so you were offered 1,000 pounds to be tickled? How?!" Dan asks in disbelief.

"I don't know, but lets just say that was the weirdest email I've ever recieved." After that, Peyton has a go, and Dan too, they all do a few more rounds in fact, so Dan decides to stop bluffing.

"Your go Dan," Phil tells.

"Okay so 1, I'm gay, 2, I wet the bed my first time drinking, or 3, I onced dropped my underwear off a mountain and had to run through a hotel naked to get them back."

"Definitley the gay one right?" Phil says, laughing as though it was a dumb thing to say, which made Dan a bit nervous.

"I agree, because you and Charlotte definitley have something going on."

"No," Dan says looking to Phil. "And Charly has a girlfriend." He says looking to Peyton.

"Wait," Phil pauses, "You're gay??" He asks, in disbelief..

"Yep," Dan confirms, nervously.

"Oh my goodness, I never saw it coming, I can't believe you actually lied to me about mahybe liking Charly!" Peyton accuses.

"Now Pey-" Phil begins.

"Don't." She runs off.

"Don't worry about her, she always finds a reason to be upset about everything," Phil excuses, "Congrats," Phil says, pulling Dan into a tight, passionate embrace, like it effected him in some way.

"Thanks," Dan says over his shoulder, before eventually pulling away, but stops to stare into Phil's eyes. Phil returns it too, so they're just sitting there, looking at each other, and taking in the other person's beauty. Dan still looks sad, and Phil too, not to mention tired or stressed on some level, but they still find each other extremely beautiful, which was a new feeling to Phil.

"I uh- should talk to her," Phil says, before running off, leaving Dan sitting there, wishing for more.

---

834 words

ye sorry it took so long i got grounded, thank you to everyone who read my short story, and if  you liked it a new one will be coming out otdya, just like dan.

also did any of y' all get my 2 ttruths 1 lie reference.

ps go read my latest journal entry and give me advice on my ankle lmao and that other thing im repressing

anyways ope you guys liked this chapter sorry it took so long.

QOTD: strongest subjects in school?

AOTD: english class and algebra at the moment. also orchestra kinda, it's a long story why im saying kinda it was just drama over a solo long story short.

ps i just got obsessed with the 1975 and matty healy fuck me pls thanks