-28-

"Oh my god.." Phil said. "Why didn't you tell anyone?!"

"I don't know, I was afraid she'd find me and hurt me more, and that was my mom. I know she was a bitch, but I couldn't hate her, back then at least." Dan trailed off.

Dan looked disturbed. As if he'd just relived it.

"When is she visiting?" Phil asked.

"She said two days." Dan informed Phil, looking a little more terrified hearing the words aloud again.

"You can't stay here." Phil said.

"Where else would I stay?" Dan asked.

"You could stay with Peyton and I." The blue eyed boy suggestion.

"No, you dont need to do that." Dan shook his head, declining the offer.

"No, Dan, you're staying with us. It's no big deal. You cannot stay here, it's too dangerous." Phil insisted.

"Okay, say if I do stay, my mom will just track me from my phone." Dan argued.

"I'll buy you a new phone, yours is a bit out of date." Phil suggested.

"No way!" Dan exclaimed. "I'm not letting you do all this because of her. I'll be fine."

"I'm not arguing with you about this Dan. You're staying with me whether you like it or not." Phil told him.

"Phil-"

"Save it." Phil said. "Go pack."

"Phil no!" Dan resisted. He really did like the idea of spending so much time, but he would feel bad, because his mom was restless, and would stay longer than Phil wanted him, whether he liked it or not. "My mom isn't gonna stay for a few days. If I'm not here, she will sit here and wait for weeks, maybe even months. She will hunt me down, and I don't want you to get in the middle of it!"

"I don't care! I want you to be safe! I love your company anyways, so I wouldn't care in the slightest, even if you stayed for years! I wouldn't care a bit, I just care that you're not having to deal with that woman!" Phil explained. Dan sighed.

"Are you sure about this?"

"Yes, of course." Phil said softly.

"Fine." Dan gave in. Before anything else could be said Phil grabbed Dan in another tight, passionate hug. Dan held him close, secretly happy he'd be staying with Phil.

This embrace sadly didn't last as long as the one before, as Phil let go.

"Go pack everything you'll need, don't bother grabbing any phone chargers, we're getting you a new one.. I'll call Peyton and tell her what's happening." Phil told Dan. "Oh, and you might want to grab your bedding, we dont have any in our guest room."

Dan nodded, and walked the other way, smiling to himself, meanwhile Phil rang his girlfriend.

"Hey baby, what's taking you so long?" Peyton greeted.

"Nothing," Phil told her, taking a deep breath and explaining that Dan would be staying with them for god knows how long. "Look, um. Dan's in a really bad spot right now, and I don't know if he'd be comfortable with me explaining to you why, but I told him he can stay with us for as long as he needs."

The line was silent, which worried Phil. After 5 long seconds she finally responded.

"Phil, how are you just going to invite people to live in our house without talking to me about it?! I live there too Phil!" She shreiked.

"I know I shouldn't have done that, but Pey, trust me on this. Things are really bad for him. He needs a place." Phil reasoned. "Plus Dan's a nice guy, he won't be a bother, I'm sure you guys will get along great." 

"You better hope so, I will not hesitate to kick him out..." Peyton proclaimed.

"Alright, thank you for not being..." Phil hesitated. "difficult.. I love you Peyton."

"Whatever." She responded, leaving the line silent.

Not long after, Dan walked in, two suitcases and a bag in his arms.

"Is everything okay?" Dan asked, noticing Phil looked a bit flustered.

"Yeah, Peyton's just a bit we didn't talk it through, but it's no big deal." Phil smiled.

"Alright..." Dan smiled back. "I um, brought some fairy lights. I put them around my bedframe, if that's okay."

"Of course.. Why, might I ask." Phil questioned, making Dan chuckle nervously.

"I- Uh might be a bit afraid of the dark." Dan muttered in embarrasment. Phil smiled at the beautiful younger boy.

"Really? That's precious." He laughed.

"Shut up." Dan giggled, punching Phil's arm playfully.

"You love it." Phil teased.

'You're right.' Dan thought, but kepy it to himself.

"Whatever." Dan shrugged. The room suddenly went silent, the boys looked into each other's eyes, contently, however being cut off.

"Uh, are you ready to go?" Phil asked, grinning.

"I think so." Dan told him nervously. "We might need to come back later, I'll need a few more things."

"That's just fine." Phil assured Dan, wanting him to feel more comfortable and content with all this. "There's plenty of room in there."

"Okay, then I think I'm ready."

"Okay... Let's a go!" Phil smiled, in a way that gave Dan enlightenment, somehow. Phil was the most amazing person to Dan. He loved that feeling.

---

867 words

PINOF8WASSOGODPINOF8WASSOGOODPINOF8WASSOGOOD

i was literall crying.

fyi sorry i havent been updating myjournal, i'vee been bUSy dying.

anyways im feelung much better and i hope you're all feeling great :)

and i hope you liked this chapter.

also please go onto my profile, click conversations/activity, and respond to my latest with a christmas/winter question so it can possibly beQOTD!

- lae xx

QOTD: Favorite christmas movie?

AOTD: elf! i loveit, we watch it every year as tradition :)