Chapter Sixteen: Run

-Em

-Em

---

•Empress•

I continued to run through the woods, trying to find my friends. Scared was a bit of an understatement. It's an unbelievable feeling. I yelled for my friends, trying to listen over the thunder and lightning striking here and there. I then hear the girls calling me. I look around and to be met by Evie. A small gasp left my plumped lips. My eyes burn from the tears that I've shed.

"Evie." I begin to cry again.

"Empress." She pulls me into a hug for it to only be broken by her pulling me through the woods even more. A few seconds later we were met by Lesly and Grace.

"Come on I think I know which way we need to go." Grace says. I bite my lip becoming alert for whatever is going to come.

"Are you sure this is the right way?" Evie asks Graces in which she huffs, running her fingers through her wet hair. I can tell we are all on edge. Not really knowing what's happening.

"Fuck!" Lesly yelps. Her jaw clutching tightly as she turns around in a circle. Obviously we didn't know exactly where we were; the thunder claps again making us jump.

"Well, well, well." We all turn around and see him/her....it. I peered over its figure to see it hold a large knife in its hand. My lips tremble out of fear.

"Come on let's go." Evie says, low enough for only the girls and I to hear. Which it didn't work, seeing as the damn thing laughed at us.

"Still trying to run from your fate." It shook its head looking almost amused.

"Come on girls, no need to run." It continued to laugh at us as we ran the other way. I try my hardest to not trip and fall. I'm not trying to be one of those people in horror movies where they trip over NOTHING, like really? How the fuck do you do that?

• Grace •

"Come on!" I yelled, glancing behind me to make sure that the girls were following which they were, as well as the thing that's trying to kill us.

I nearly lose my balance due to the fact that the floor was muddy, making it difficult to run. As we continued to run, I felt like someone was grabbing my leg, pulling me down and dragging me away from my best friends. I scream for them to help me. They turn around to grab me and pull me back up to my feet but just as they were about to grab me they come to a holt.

I look back at where I'm being dragged and see him smirking. He leans his head to the side as an evil smile spreads across his face. I get flipped over to where I'm on my back. I get sent flying to a thick tree. I hang there abound the ground.

"Grace, Grace, Grace." It shakes its head as he walks towards me. I gulp trying to get down. I glared at it.

"LEAVE HER ALONE!" Lesly yells while they come closer to me.

"No! Guys leave NOW!" I warn them.

"Wow, you guys are really stupid." It laughs. The thunder struck startling me a bit. As the thunderstorm picked up the figure turned around.

"What are you doing here?" It asked. We looked were it was looking towards at. To see nothing but darkness.

"This isn't what she had in mind." The voice said.

"Oh come on. I'm just having a little bit of fun." He smirks. The voice came into view to show it was a woman. She was a little tall, not as tall as the man.

"That's not what she wanted." She glares at him.

"Oh don't." His sentence was cut off by her smacking him across the face having him fall a few feet. I fall to the floor too scared to run. The guy looks up at the women full of anger. I take a slow step back as a stick breaks underneath my foot. The man and woman turn to me, my eyes grew wide.

"Go." The woman orders. Just as she says that one word the man growls at her pushing her to the floor and charging at me. I scream dodging him as I ran away towards my friends. They began to run with me.

• Evie •

We run through the woods some more. Not looking back whatsoever. My breathing hitching at the speed we're going.

"Come on!" I yell.

I don't know how many times I can repeat about how scared I am

I don't know how many times I can repeat about how scared I am. Being this scared and terrified of whatever that thing was is in unbearable. The tears continue to run down my face as I sniffled.

"Woah!" I fall. Empress, Grace, and Lesly stop grabbing me by my wet shirt, pulling me up from the floor.

"What the fuck is that?!" I yelled making the girls stop.

"OH MY GOD!" We all scream.

-

-Em