Chapter Fifteen: Fight

- Em

- Em

-

• Grace •

It's been an hour of what had just happened, whatever that was. Empress was up in the far side of the living room. Shaking. I've never seen or been in this type of situation before. Seeing such things that would pop up in my head. Seeing my best friends be killed but then see them next to me as we struggled to be free from this thing.

"Empress what happened?" I asked her. She looks up at me, seeming startled at the sudden question. As it was dead silent in here.

"What?" She asked not catching what I had just asked her. I then repeat myself just a bit more louder for her to hear.

"I– I don't know." She looks down. I can tell she's not really herself, I mean, who wouldn't be, we just got, tortured by a demon? Or Whatever the fuck that was. It made us see things that we never wanted to see.

"How did you snap out of whatever it was doing to us?" Evie asked. Empress looked up at Evie.

"I-I don't know, I just, i just caught on what, whatever that thing was doing to us." She blinked at us. I look at the girls and take in a deep breath.

"Come on we have to try and find a way out of this place." Lesly speaks. Empress turns around to look out the glass sliding doors. It has stopped raining. Lesly gets up from her seat grabbing her jacket she then grabs a few flashlights from the closet. Seeing Evie do the same, she grabs her jacket putting it on while they wait for Empress and I to get up. I get up from my spot as Evie gives me my jacket. We all turn to Empress.

"Em?" Evie asks taking a glance at Lesly and I then peering back at Empress. We wait a few more moments for Empress to respond when she abruptly stood up and grabbed her sweater from the hanger in the closet. She looks at the ground taking a short breath.

"Let's go." She blinks at us and opens the sliding doors for the rest of us. One by one we walk about of the place. Not really looking back. We walk on the moisture of the newly soiled dirt, not caring about getting mud on our clothes. The wind begins to pick up as thunder was now heard. My breathing beings to pick up.

•Lesly•

As the weather begins to pick up, the girls and I walk faster as the seconds go by. I pull my jacket closer to me as I start to feel cold. I can't help but start sniffing. I open my mouth to say we should go back. When Evie trips and falls to the floor. We all stop and help her back up. I hear whispers come in all directions around us. Once Evie was up back on her feet we started to walk faster up the hill.

I look back at the house. My eyes grow wide seeing someone on the back porch. Just standing there, not moving. I begin to stutter. Trying to get the words to come out of my mouth only for them to just get stuck in my throat. I continue to pull my friends up the hill with me. Seeing that we all are holding hands with each other. Scared that we would lose one of us.