20. Leads on Lily and Nick

Ok so Simon is one of the men Cole hired to find out stuff about Nick in case any of you have forgotten. ok now enjoy:)

Chapter 20:

Cole's POV:

Its been about a month since I last heard anything from Lily or Nick and I'm going crazy.

I had to get back to work but I can't focus on anything, I can't even sleep. Everyone is worried about me and I have been told many times by my uncle and others to go home and continue to search for Lily, as much as I'd love to, I can't. I have no leads to where she might be, I'm at a dead end and so are the police. Work is the only thing to take my mind off of Lily for awhile.

"Mr. Andrews, your 2:00 is here," says my assistant through the intercom.

"Thank you, let him in," I respond while pushing the talk button.

Seconds late the door to my office opens and Simon walks in.

I sit up straighter. He called me about an hour ago saying he had a lead on Lily.

He sits in front of me and immediately gets down to business,"My team and I have been working around the clock to find Lily and looking into Nicks past," he puts his briefcase on the table and rumages through it, he finds the paper he's looking for and takes it out,"Nick Withers, born in Ohio in the small town of Branberry. It says he and his mother lived there till he was six years old, then moved after his father was murdered."

"Murdered? How?" I ask.

"Well he was killed by multiple stab wounds. The police reports say they never found the killer. Nick and his mother said a man broke into their house and killed him. But Nick apparently had bruises on his body, some old and some new. It was never looked into and Nick and his mother left as soon as they could," Simon tells me,"They moved to Colorado, but just two years later there was another murder. Actually two to be exact. They know the murderer though."

I frown,"Who?"

"Nick! He apparently killed his teacher and little girl while in class at his school. One of the other kids ran to get help though before he could kill anyone else," Simon says,"At age eight he was admitted to the institute of Bellmont in California and stayed there till the age of fourteen. He had some brain damage, most likely due to the beatings. Anyways by age fourteen he was deemed well enough to be let back into the world, with medication to keep him sane. He and his mother moved here and everything was fine until last year when he dumped Lily. His obsession grew and he wanted her back, but she was already with you. His mother was worried about him and sent him back to Bellmont after school ended. The school recently found that he had escaped just a week before starting college with Lily."

"Well how could they have only just found that Nick escaped?!" I ask outraged.

Simon shrugs,"They didn't say much. Most likely because of embarrassment. It's not good for their image if a patient can escape so easily without them knowing."

I groan and lean back in my chair,"What else did you find?" I ask running a hand through my hair.

He shuffles around some papers then lays one in front of me,"My team was able to find his mother's address, we also think he may have been staying with her."

I grab the paper. 31 Northridge road. I glance up from the paper,"Why would she take him back? She must have known he probably escaped, or would have called the police or someone to take him back there," I ask confused.

He shrugs,"Just a thought. Also his car has been seen in the driveway of that house recently."

I nod and stand,"I'm going to head over there now. Would you like to come?"

He nods, standing also,"I used to be a forensic investigator, I could be of help."

I nod then push the intercom button,"Tanya, cancel the rest of my meetings. I have some personal business to take care of," I tell my assistant.

"Yes sir."

I nod to Simon,"Lets go."

After about twenty minutes we arrive at our destination.

I get out of my car and walk up to the front door with Simon trailing behind. The house looks ordinary enough, one story, shutters, painted tan, one car garage.

Once at the door I ring the doorbell. After several minutes and no reply I knock a few times, just in case the doorbell is broken.

"Mrs. Withers? We have some questions for you. Please open the door!"

Again there is no reply. I jiggle the handle but the door is locked.

I glance at Simon.

He shrugs,"Theres a car in the driveway."

I look back at the door and sigh, well got to do this the hard way then.

I take a few steps back and draw in a deep breath then kick the door open. Simon and I walk in slowly.

"Mrs. Withers?" I call out.

No reply.

"Lets split up and see what we find," I suggest.

Simon nods and walks to a hallway on his right while I head into the room on my left. The living room is pretty clean, nothing out of the ordinary.

I take a hallway that has three doors down it. The first one is an empty bedroom, most likely a guest room. The second is a small bathroom. As I approach the third door, I notice a small light coming from the crack between the door and floor. I crack open the door and see the light is coming from a small lamp near the bed side. I walk over to it, something on the wall catches my eye though. I grab the lamp and point it toward the wall. My breath catches in my throat.

Pictures! Hundreds of pictures! All of my sweet Lily!

Pictures of Nick with her, her without noticing a picture being, ones taken by herself, and some of Lily with someone next to her but their face is scribbled out with black marker. Im guessing the person marked out is me.

My hand shakily stretches out to the pictures, but right before I can touch them I hear a yell.

"COLE!! COLE GET IN HERE!!!"

I sprint out of the room and rush to where Simon is.

I enter a room,"What happened?! what's going on?!" I shout looking around. I find Simon near a wall looking down at something. I follow his line of sight and almost scream myself.

Amy Withers lays unmoving on her bed DEAD!

I stumble backwards,"Holy Shit!" I gasp.

______________________________________

Yup Nicks mom is dead! Sorry I haven't updated in so long, school has been hectic with finals and mid-terms. Also I just turned 16 so I spent the last weekend with my family and friends and yea. Hope you all like the chapter.

Comment!

Vote!

Fan!