10. He's not that bad

Chapter 10:

"Nick!" I gasp.

"Lily!" he says also shocked.

This was the last place I thought I'd see him. I heard he went to a college in California. So why is he here?

My eyes then narrow, I remember how he left me so easily after he found out about my parents. I cross my arms,"What are you doing here?" I question.

He frowns slightly at my tone but answers,"I transferred here because my mom is sick, also it'll be less money to pay," he tells me.

I can't help but feel sadness for his mom, she was always so nice to me,"Is Linda going to be ok?"

He shakes his head,"I don't know, the doctors said it might be cancer."

I gasp and cover my mouth, he looks so sad. I can't help myself and I pull him into a hug.

He hugs me tightly to him,"I missed you Lily," he whispers,"When I broke up with you I was really stressed because my mom was starting to show syptoms, and then my father ended up leaving. In my mind I somehow thought my family was worse off than yours and....I don't know, I shouldn't have said the things I did."

I'm shocked by his apology, I never thought he would ever give me one. But now it makes sense, he was stressed out a lot that week, I was also so I didn't really notice he was too. Great, now I feel bad about beating up his car.

"And Lily," he says,"I still love you!"

My eyes widen, I pull back and look at him to shocked shitless to say anything.

He strokes my cheek then leans in to kiss me. Ah oh hell no!

I back up,"Nick, I have a boyfriend," I tell him.

He frowns and narrows his eyes,"It's Cole isn't it?"

I nod.

He looks like he wants to kill someone. Great I'm the only one here at the moment.

I put my hand on his shoulder to calm him,"We can still be friends," I tell him softly.

He stares at me seeming to think about something, then he smiles and hugs me,"Friends is better than nothing."

We pull away and start walking,"So what class do you have?" I ask him.

He pulls out his schedule and looks at it,"Um...Professor Walkins."

I smile,"Oh I have him next, follow me."

He smiles and follows then chuckles,"I was lost for like an hour," he admits.

I shake my head and laugh,"Wow that still didn't change about you."

"What do you mean?" he questions.

I shrug,"You always had a hard time finding places, and you never ask for help," I shake my head,"Men," I mutter.

"Hey I'm not...."

"Yea you are," I cut him off,"I remember this is how we met."

He's quiet a moment then chuckles,"Ok well that's true."

I smile, it's like the old times. I loved hanging out with Nick, he was always fun to talk to. I feel my old love for him coming back, but I love Cole now. I really do and not even Nick can change that.

We make it to class with about ten seconds to spare. I sit in my usual seat and Nick is introduced to the class then he sits next to me.

Maybe it's not really a good thing Nick is back though. Because in class we always joked around to much.