Chapter 17: Burn master

'Again?!' Hau whined, before facepalming. 'That's not stopping me. Let's go, Null' Gladion ordered before running off 'Hold on a sec... UGH, I swear. Come on guys' I growled in annoyance before running after the blondie, followed by Sun and Hau.

'God dammit Gladion, slow down will ya!' I gasped for air as we continued to run down the white halls 'Oh I'm sorry, it's not like my little sister may be in DANGER! But YOU wouldn't understand anything about that!' Gladion snapped, shooting a paralyzing glare at me. My mind filled with shock and maybe even sadness, he had never used that tone or even glared at me that hard before. My running slowed down slightly and I looked at the ground, 'I-I'm sorry...' I murmured, not wanting to look at him. We all suddenly stopped as four figures stood in our way, three Aether workers and the one who apparently "Outsmarted" us. 'My, my... what naughty children. You should just lay your heavy heads down.' Faba growled 'But I knew that you would struggle onward- I could see through every action you would take. So I knew you would try to reach the president. And that is why!' He gave an evil smirk 'I knew that I would be able to ambush you here and remedy my previous failure.'

I stared at Faba with angry eyes, but I didn't growl like I usually did. The way Gladion snapped at me still haunted my mind and, something was stopping me from wanting to confront the enemy. 'The only reason I let you in the lower floor was to buy time to gather more staff to stop you.' The scientist's smirk grew as he fixed his gaze on me 'Oh you think you're SO smart' I said with strain, behind my gritted teeth. 'So, uh, Mr. Faba, do you have the key to the president's rooms?' Hau asked 'What the hell? Did that idiot really just ask that?' I stared at the green head in pure shock, wondering why he asked something so dumb. 'Indeed! I have it right here.' Faba grinned and held up a set of keys 'Is everyone here stupid?' I sweatdropped, narrowing my eyes at the two guys' actions. 'So... if you just stayed hidden, we would've been stuck here anyway, right?' Hau began to laugh, with Sun joining in and Gladion not far off, covering his mouth he let out a tiny chuckle. 'Ha, now I get it. Nice one Hau' I giggled.

Faba stayed silent for a while, staring at us blankly. Then started to shake his head in disbelief 'What?!' He blurted out, his eyes fixed on Hau. 'I think you just got outsmarted by a bunch of "Children" Faba' Sun gestured, smirking at the scientist 'And by the most naive one of the group may I add.' Gladion chuckled, still trying to contain his laughter 'Well, I believe you aren't as smart as you believe to be. Just think, the Great and "Fabaulous" scientist Faba's AMAZING plan foiled by a bunch of kids. Before it even started. Think of your reputation' I grinned, raising my eyebrow at the shocked man. Everyone's laughter increased, Gladion finally gave up and too bursted into laughter. 'Wow, who knew you were so great at burns Null' He managed to say as he held his stomach, dying of laughter. I stared at him, surprised he complimented me. Since a few minutes ago he seemed furious at me 'Um, thanks...' was all I murmured before turning my head away from him.

'Why was I so hurt from his words?What the hell is wrong with me?'