Chapter 8: The Masked Royal

(Megan POV)

I slowly opened my eyelids, last night was probably the best rest I've had. Yawning I stood up and stretched, only to be pulled down again 'It's still too early... back to sleep...' Gladion moaned, while still half asleep 'Too early? Yeah right, you make me get up way earlier than this. GET UP LAZYBONES' I knocked him off the bed, smirking as he groaned in pain 'NULL WHAT THE HELL?!' Gladion yelled as he rubbed his head. I pointed my head to the clock with a frown 'Yeah it's 9am so wha- OH GOD IT'S 9AM!!! We gotta get to the Battle dome. NOW' He grabbed his stuff and my pokeball 'You're welcome...' I rolled my eyes 'Null, return' Gladion ordered. I went inside my ball and smirked at the sense Gladion was running. 'This wouldn't have happened if you set an alar-' I cut myself off, remembering what happened last night. I felt both embarrassed Gladion saw me like that, and happy he cared enough to comfort me 'T-Thanks... For last night...' I murmured, not like he was gonna hear me anyway.

'Come out Null' Gladion called me out as soon as he stopped in front of the battle dome 'You know I could've walked...' I let out a growl, and stretched in the sunlight 'Hmph... Why do I do this... Every time something brings me down, I end up coming right back here again...' Gladion muttered to himself, like I wasn't even there 'You're still upset over losing to Sun aren't you?' I smirked at how childish he was being 'Come on, Null. Let's go bury our sorrow in the crowd' He mumbled before entering the dome 'Is he going through a phase? Or has he always been this edgy? Pfft, I may never know' Snickering, I followed my trainer.

We entered the dome and went over to stand by the stairs. Gladion seemed to be glaring at someone, but quickly lost interest and looked away. I decided to take a peek at what could've made him glare so intensely, and there stood the one and only Sun. 'Well... That explains it' I smirked. Sun saw us and started walking over, but stopped in his tracks by a loud voice 'Glad you could make it!' A masked man called out to him as he walked down the stairs, stopping right in front of the black haired boy 'I'm Here today, yeah, to spread the word, oh yeah, about Battle Royal! They call me... The Masked Royal! Woo!' The man smiled enthusiastically. 'Professor?' Sun frowned, tilting his head in confusion 'The Masked Royal!' Corrected the (Masked Royal) 'I'm here to teach you, oh yeah, about the battle format passed down in Alola for generations... The Pokemon Battle Royal! Woo!'

'Is this guy for real...?' I sweatdropped, cringing slightly at his way of speech. I looked up at Gladion, who wasn't paying the slightest bit of attention to what was going on. 'But, Royal, what's the Battle Royal? You might ask.' The masked royal grinned 'No... No one asked that...' I sighed 'Four Trainers! Each pick three pokemon, yeah, for one big pokemon battle, oh yeah!' The Masked Royal continued. Me and Sun locked eyes for a moment and he mouthed (Help me) while silently cringing 'When one trainer's team can't battle anymore, yeah, the Battle Royal ends! Whichever trainer has taken out the most pokemon, yeah, and has the most pokemon left will emerge the winner. Woo!'

'I think I might get a headache, yeah...' I moaned, Sun stared at the masked man. Slightly confused and lost 'First, just give it a shot! Pick your pokemon and let's do this' Masked Royal suggested, followed by a loud gasp from the floor above us. 'Dude, it's the Masked Royal! I wanna battle! I wanna battle!' Me, Sun and the Masked Royal looked up, revealing an excited looking Hau 'Here comes Sunshine boy...' I sighed, this was not what I was expecting for a simple training day.

'You There!' The Masked Royal called out, making everyone in the room focus on me and my trainer, Gladion slowly opened his eyes and grunted. Not wanting to be the center of attention 'Come join in the fun!' The man grinned. Me and Gladion turned to stare at each other, sighing in the process. We nodded slightly and Gladion pulled out my Pokeball 'Return for now...' he mumbled, I nodded unenthusiastically and went Inside. 'Great... This'll be SOO FUN' I moaned.

 This'll be SOO FUN' I moaned