The walls inside the shop was painted in ecru. Once you open the door and turn your head to the right you'll be greeted by several cozy cushioned couches, some of it near the windows; each having its own wooden table topped with a glass surface to rest your book upon, and its own lamps necessary for reading, if desired to be used, and at the left, you'll see the counter. Across the room lies 10 tall wooden bookshelves, each containing different genres of books.

The girl he always saw was an abberant girl, her face doesn't make someone gape in awe at first look but he had to admit, she is pretty

The girl he always saw was an abberant girl, her face doesn't make someone gape in awe at first look but he had to admit, she is pretty. Something about her just seemed to intrigue him. Seeing her there brought a new exhilarating current to his life.

Her small face is framed by her half-side bangs swept to the left and her thick, straight chestnut hair falls just below her shoulders. Her right ear was pierced with three earrings, and she has two on the left. She has fair skin with a slim body but her chest bears adequate humps to perfectly suit her body size. She was really tall for a girl her age, reaching the height of 180 centimeters.

Everyday, the same routine, but now he spends a couple of minutes from his time to go inside the shop again and again, just to look at the girl in secret. Her uniform indicated that she entered a school different from his.

Seeing her that way was enough for him, since calmness was written all over her face everytime she was lost in the words from reading

Seeing her that way was enough for him, since calmness was written all over her face everytime she was lost in the words from reading. Until one day he decided that he wanted to know her--

who she was, and what her name is.

For him to know, that it was the girl, the missing part of him all along.

🍋

"Uh... Hi there"

A deep voice called out, making a girl look up from the book in which her head was buried in. She smiled shyly from his gesture, and a little blush dusted her cheeks when she saw him smile at her.

If looks could kill, then damn. He's already got the bag.

She nodded, then returning from where she left off.

"I always notice that you come here everyday. Why?" He was like.

Trying once again from the failure of having a reply he asked, "Don't you have classes to go to? What school are you from?"

She closed the book in her hands and looked at him.

"I don't talk to strangers". She finally said after a few seconds, snapping the awkward silence blanketing over the both of them.

"Oh, I forgot!" He smiled as he rubbed the back of his head from embarrassment, his eyes a little bit smaller and his mouth showing his set of pearly whites.

"I'm Akira Sendoh!..." Says he while offering a hand for a shake. "...and you are?"

She returned the book to the shelf near her as she say:

"Ayane."

He blinked his eyes repeatedly, showing signs of confusion before he smirked.

"Koyuki Ayane. That's my name." She shook his hand then. He slowly loosened his grip from hers.

"So, uhmm... Will you come here everyday if I asked you to?"

She tilted her head to the side, still absorbing the question he asked.

"I come here almost everyday, why?"

He ran his hand through his hair before he shrugged.

"So... I guess I'll see you again here tomorrow?"

 I guess I'll see you again here tomorrow?"

"Yeah.... Okay." She said as she brushed a hair behind her ear that was blocking her view.

His widened eyes blinked twice from the answer she gave. She forced out a smirk, from which he smiled in return.

"Oh shit." He swore as he looked at his wristwatch. "I really have to go now"

With that he left, as he mouthed a goodbye over his shoulder, trying his best to keep silent to not disturb the folks who were reading on the cushioned seats near the windows.

Strangers.

She clicked her tongue at the thought. She trusted one once, who turned out to be a companion later on but a few years back he borrowed a book from her. It was her favorite one to be exact and she didn't see it again.

He can just shove it up his nasty ass, she'd always say.

The grandfather clock that was placed near the door ticked and its pendulum was on a hypnotic state if you would look at it intently with some classical music beaming through your eardrums. In which, she was.

And Ayane Koyuki was already running late for school too.