Get to know your date!

Hello Lovelies!

Hello Lovelies!

So this is it. You finally got not only your crush's attention, but they agreed to go on a date with you! This is your chance to get to know them and see if you're compatible as people.

But oh no! What do you talk about? You're staring across from each other at the coffee table, awkwardly stirring your drink, and taking sips just to justify the silence.

And I mean, we can't hold your hand throughout the entire thing.
((Unless you're on a date with us. ;) <3 ))

You will have to find nice segues into these questions. But a general "Tell me a bit about yourself" helps, because they'll either respond in one of two ways:
1) "What do you want to know?"; which means they're more comfortable letting someone else take the lead and don't typically talk about themselves, or they want to seem mysterious and get to know you more first. It's sometimes a sign of nervousness because it deflects actually answering the question and buys them more time to think, or you'll answer their question and give them some structure.

2) Something they're really passionate about that it's the FIRST thing they think of. Or maybe they aren't passionate and it just takes a lot of their time (such as career). Basically you're asking them, "How do you define yourself?", and their answer shows you that.

Remember, you're looking for things in common, or deal breakers, or red-flags that you might not work out.

((And if they start talking about how 'crazy' their ex was, or about their ex in general, maybe take a rain-check.))

Questions to ask:

What are you passionate about?

Do you have any pets? / Did you ever have any? / Do you want any pets?

What do you imagine your future looking like?

What do you do with your time?*
*This is a common way to also ask what jobs someone has, whether or not they're paid for it. People can feel very self-conscious about their job, or maybe lack of job, and how that'll affect their perceived value as a lover and person. But here you can also find out how they define themselves as well: Do they volunteer? Do they write? Do they value time with their family and friends? Do they have a job? Does the job take up a lot of their time?

What hobbies do you enjoy?

What makes you happy?

If you could change something about the world, what would it be?

If you could change something about yourself, what would it be?

What do you hope people notice about you?

What sorts of things make you laugh?

Who do you think has influenced you the most?

Do you have any pet peeves?

What's your favorite movie/TV show / book / game?

Tell me about a happy childhood memory and why it's so special to you?

What would you do if you won a million dollars?

If you could have one superpower, what would it be?

Where did you grow up?

If you could give your younger self one piece of advice, what would it be?

What stresses you out lately?

What do you daydream about?

What questions would you or have you asked your dates, Lovelies?

What is most important in your love interests?What do you value out of a relationship?What are some deal-breaker answers?