With Love from #DeadlyKisses

In the spirit of Valentine's Day, we have some love to share!

For a while we've discussed publishing our first Wattpad anthology. So as 2017 rolled in, Paranormal Community and Paranormal Lovers got together and hosted the #DeadlyKisses contest throughout January. Our goal was to publish a new paranormal romance story every day during the run-up to Valentine's Day, and it was an incredible success! The Magistra is pleased (and that means we are all pleased).

We had some truly unforgettable and inspiring entries, from banshees to Anubis, nature goddesses to man witches, and so it became a challenge for the judges at Paranormal to determine just the top 14 entries to represent Wattpad's first Paranormal Community anthology.

We were overwhelmed by the positive response to this contest and are proud to be featuring your work as part of the wider audience in the genre. We're delighted to see the quality and variance from authors of all ages, experience and background here on Wattpad. Of course, when one thinks of paranormal romance, it's an obvious step to assume it means vampires and werewolves, but our entrants surprised us again and again with some devilishly charming themes we haven't seen before.

Secondary genres ranged from twisted horror, dark fiction, to feel-good LGBTQ+ themes and some pieces of thought-provoking fiction that approached the more sensitive, subtler facets romances in ways that left us pretty awed.

There are some fantastic and promising authors out there, Collective, so determining only 14 of you was tough, as each story came with its own merits. For those who won a place in Deadly Kisses, we thank you for embarking with us in what we hope to be the first anthology of many. For those of you who missed out this time, we might just see you in the next one!

From the depths of our undead hearts and/or empty, ghostly ribcages, thank you for all of your hard work and contributions.

~ParanormalCommunity & ParanormalLovers