My Life As An Escort (New Beginnings) Book 2 Chapter One

Start from the beginning

"You guys ready," she said. They nodded and left leaving the two of us in the room.

"Girl that rock is shining in the sunlight. You better hope you don't get mugged," she said laughing.

I looked down at my beautiful red emerald engagement ring and smiled.

"I know, right."

"Ya'll look so good together. I don't mind leaving you here. He's a good guy and he has been worried about you all morning. He's been on the phone with his mom and the doctor to make sure you are okay. He's really excited about this baby, Cad. I think he is going to be an awesome dad."

"I think so too. I lucked up finding him."

"He loves you. I can see it in his face. When he talks about you, his face lights up. When he proposed to you, I haven't seen you that happy."

I couldn't help but smile. Evan did make me happy and I knew I made the right choice.

"Well I better get going. The girls still need to study for their exams. The grades are due Friday. Just think next year they could be graduating a year early."

"I know they are growing up so fast."

"Well we will call when we arrive back in New Orleans. Evan gave me the keys to your car, so we won't have to call a taxi."

"Good. Evan is thinking about buying a house here. I haven't told the girls because I want them to focus on their exams. Are you willing to move?"

"Girl please. Hell yeah. I got a better chance of finding a guy out here then back home. Just tell me when and where and I'm there."

"I was hoping you would say that. I love you Em for sticking with me through all the craziness," I said hugging her.

"I love you to, sister from another mother. We are two peas in a pod. I can't wait to meet my godchild," she said rubbing my stomach.

"Me either. I hope it's a boy. He is going to be a heartbreaker," I said looking down at my tiny tummy.

"I hope it's a girl, but honestly we just want a healthy baby."

"You're right a healthy baby." We hugged one last time and she left.

Evan walked in with a tray. "Greta said to eat the toast, and drink the ginger ale to settle your stomach. She is going to move your things in here so you won't have to go back and forth. I will drop the girls off and run a few errands. I will call you a little later and see how you are doing."

He placed the tray down and kissed me on the cheek. "Get some rest and I'll be back shortly. I love you."

"I love you too," I said bitting into the toast. This was going to be a miserable trimester. I was so use to moving around and having to sit still was going to drive me crazy.

After breakfast was over, Greta came up with the nurse. The nurse came in and took my vitals and the sample.

"Everything looks good. Blood pressure, heart rate and reflexes look good. I will get the sample to Dr. Townsend to be sent off to the lab. Mr. McCain just supplied his sample earlier his morning. The results should be ready by Wednesday," she said.

"Good, I can't stop vomiting," I said.

"Eat toast, drink plenty of water. Suck on peppermint and eat ginger. Take your vitamins on a full stomach and here is a book and folder with additional information. Dr. Townsend will come tomorrow and do a house visit in the morning."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome get some rest and everything will be fine." She left as Greta had Sydney escort her out.