Chapter Thirty-One Evan's Preparation

Evan POV

I had just come back from the hospital after seeing my artist RJ2. I had signed him over a year ago and sometimes money, fame and power get thrown at people and they don't know how to handle it. I think from now on, I am going to get a money advisor for my new acts.

You see with the money, you can get whatever you want. Drugs, alcohol and all the ass you could possibly want. I see the video girls when I'm on the set and believe me it can get tempting but I know they are just looking for a payday.

Since I have a small satellite office in Metairie, I decided go to my office. I had an actual date with Cadence and was very excited and nervous. It was different when I knew she was coming to have sex with me, because I was ready, but this time it was somehow different. I wasn't expecting to have sex with her, but just to be able to sit down and talk. Somehow she intrigued me. I wasn't sure what it was about her, but she had been the first person I somewhat had a connection with since my last girlfriend.

I sat in the back of the town car as my driver Simon pulled up to the three story brick building that housed several offices and three recording studios.

"I won't be too long probably a few hours. Why don't you grab lunch and I will call you when you can come back?" I said as Simon opened my door.

"Thank you sir," Simon said closing the door.

I buttoned up my suit jacket and walked up to the reinforced glass doors. I swiped my card and was greeted by security. I had the frosted glass doors made out of bulletproof glass over ten inches thick and held up by reinforced steel. You could never be too careful. My office in Los Angeles was broken into a few years ago and it cost me over a hundred thousand dollars to fix including another two hundred fifty thousand I got from the insurance company to replace equipment and fixtures. It was a mess and I promised myself it would be like Fort Knox if you wanted to get into one of my buildings.

"Is anyone here today?" I asked Roosevelt, one of my security guards who was also a New Orleans police officer. All my security guards were current police officers or retired sheriff or city police. I didn't want trouble and to ward off trouble I made it clear if ya ass wanted to clown in here or to start trouble, you would be dealt with.

"Jon, Benny, Rick and that new artist Philly D are in studio 1 and Maize Ma, Denver and Wakaka are in studio 3. Charmaine and Debra are in the photography studio, I think working on some promo shoots. I heard them talking about it," Roosevelt said. He made it his business to know what was going on, that's why he was the weekend Captain of Security and why I paid him a grip to watch my building.

I walked around and looked at the screens. Sure enough people were talking and moving around.

"Thanks man. If you need me I will be in my office working for a little while. "

"Okay, Boss got you," Roosevelt said. I shook his hand and headed towards the staircase.

Instead of taking the elevator I decided to take the stairs. The first floor of the building was the three recording studios. I peeked my head in and sat in listening to a few tracks before heading up to see Debra and Charmaine.

They were getting the shots right for our monthly promos that went out to all our retail outlets, radio stations and national magazines. We had some of the hottest artists around and the more publicity they got, the more money poured into the company. After signing off on some of their ideas, I took the last set of stairs to my office.

The third floor was mostly my office, my assistants Crystal and Brian's desks, two conference rooms, a couple of empty offices for some of my high-ups when they come to town, Lina's office, my talent agent, a kitchen, a storage room and a large file room. The third floor was mostly used as the executive suite.