Chapter 13- Still Hope

Start from the beginning

"At least don't tell her what I said." He stressed.

"I won't."

"Thank you."

Queenie shot him one last grin before leaving to the kitchen as well. On command the strange vertiginous reared itself again, marching into his head. He quickly reached for the wall to ensure he didn't fall. Queenie turned around, probably sensing his condition.

"You okay?" She mouthed to him, concerned.

"I'm fine." He mouthed back dismissively.

Queenie looked at him, unconvinced by his statement.. He didn't really notice it, still trying to shake off the sickness. After a moment or two she shook her head and continued to pour tea, which she had been doing. Newt continued to wait for a moment until he walked carefully to the table. Jacob walked over and sat next to him at the table.

"You doing alright there? You look awfully pale." He questioned.

"Yes I'm alright." He said for what had seemed like the millionth time today.

"Okay, don't think you're getting sick do ya?"

Newt shrugged his shoulders.

Tina and Queenie walked over to the table, dishes and cups along with the platter with the omelets floated over. Newt couldn't help but notice trying to keep his eyes on them was a daunting task, that ended in even more discomfort in his head, but he chose to ignore it.

"Tea or Coffee, Jacob?" Asked Tina from across the room.

"Oh Coffee is fine."

Newt looked down to his hands, folded on the table in front of him. His dizziness was slowly subsiding to his relief. After all the items were placed on the table, Tina and Queenie sat down across from him and Jacob. Newt realized that his appetite had diminished, and the thought of food practically nauseated him. He looked up at the steaming pile of omelets in front of him, trying to find something in him to eat. Everyone around him reached out with their forks, picking up omelets along with some fruit, milk, and toast.

"You going to eat?"

Tina looked at him with raised eyebrows. He shook his head.

"Sorry, I don't have much of an appetite." He responded truthfully, wishing Queenie wasn't staring at him so intently. He didn't like bothering people with his issues, especially when they were so minor. A small fever was absolutely nothing.

"Well are you feeling good?"

"Yes I feel just fine. Just not hungry is all."

Tina looked at him a few more seconds before returning to eating, leaving an awkward silence at the table. Newt didn't mind, as long as the attention wasn't on him. He made sure he didn't let himself think about the latest events, not around his friends. He couldn't handle it. After a few seconds, he decided to strike up conversation.

"So Tina, I uh, I've been meaning to ask about the job. How has it been?"

"Its been real good" She said enthusiastically. "After being promoted, I've been able to work on a lot more cases then I could've before."

The word 'case' seemed to strike something in his chest. He tried not to think about it.

"Anything big?"

Tina put a hand on her chin, most likely thinking.

"Nothing too major, we did have this lunatic wizard, turning No-Maj's into chickens."

Newt chuckled, the thought seemed slightly funny to him. He realized that that had been the first he had genuinely laughed since it happened. Tina smiled too before continuing.