Chapter 7- Easy as Allergies

A few hours had gone by, Newt and Tina were still walking around, it was about 4 by this time. Newt was carefully planning to show his appreciation by buying her a bouquet of flowers, but of course, she had no idea. They had gone by the statue and walked through central park, talking, laughing, and having an overall good time. It was beginning to get darker outside, so Newt knew he definitely needed to act fast. It wasn't much like him to do something so.. unusual. Part of him was saying Forget it! You don't even like her! But there was another muffled voice, that encouraged him. He wasn't exactly sure what he was about to do, but whatever it was it was probably stupid. He rubbed his hands together, something he had been doing practically the whole time when Tina wasn't looking. He needed a good approach.

"Tina?"

Tina turned from some plants she was looking at.

"Hmm?"

Newt tried playing it casual and tried to hide he was doing anything.

"Um- Do you mind if we stop in town? I need to grab something before it closes."

Newt internally screamed imagining if they got there and it was closed. He tried hiding his new hysterics.

"Oh sure. Lots of the stores close around 5 so we should get going." She stated. Newt automatically relaxed a bit more. They walked back through a part of the park they were in, the sky was a blazing orange and red, it looked as though the horizon was on fire, it was completely gorgeous. Newt couldn't resist watching the sun slowly go down. He barely realized they had already made it out of the park. His anticipation was steadily growing. He put his hands in his pockets and strained, looking for a floral shop nearby.

"What store are you looking for?" Tina asked.

"Oh um, just-I-Uh," Newt mad managed to stammer out ever word except what he wanted to say, at least his super stuttering had bought him some time to point out a shop with flowers painted on a wooden headboard. It was nearly across the road, just a few down. Now all that was left was him trying to surprise her.

"I know where I want to go"

"Okay, should I wait here?"

Newt needed to think of something, so in the last second he made the most cliché choice ever.

"Um, actually, would you just mind standing right here-"

Newt gently moved her to the right of him.

"-and see there's a little catch, erm, you can't open your eyes until I say so."

"What?" Tina exclaimed as Newt lead her through the busy street. He laughed and carefully made sure she had the right footing. He had both hands on her shoulders.

"Newt what are you doing!?" Chortled Tina.

"Just one second were almost there."

Newt was relieved to see the store was still open, he opened the door with one hand and walked in, still leading a blind Tina. He looked at the store worker, who obviously knew what he was doing. It was a young woman, probably around Tina's age, maybe older. Newt pointed at a bouquet of Lily's and other flowers in a purple wrapping with a silk ribbon tied around it.

"Now, don't open your eyes, okay?"

Tina nodded her head, Newt reached into his pocket and pulled out a ten dollar bill. The flowers were a tad expensive, but it didn't really matter to him. The flowers were 8.99. He handed it to her and quickly covered Tina's ears and whispered

"Keep the change."

The store worker smiled and mouthed "Thank You". He led Tina back out the store door, trying to suppress the crinkling of the plastic on the flowers so she wouldn't hear. His exhilaration was over the top, he couldn't wait to see her expression. He guided her down the sidewalk once again, people shooting them curious looks. It wasn't everyday a man walked down the sidewalk leading someone with their eyes closed.

"Okay, there's a little step here- okay there you go- and now walk quick" Newt said. They promptly walked across the cobblestone road, back to the part of the park where they had been. The daylight had faded fast, it was now almost entirely dark, not quite but just about. Streetlamps were turned on, and flurries of snow glistened against the orange lights. They at last settled under one. The two were slightly out of breath.

"Okay Mr. Scamander, would you care to explain what in the world your doing?" She laughed. Newt held the flowers behind his back.

"You can look now."

Tina opened her eyes and looked at Newt incredulously before noticing he had something. She raised her eyebrows still smiling. Newt pulled out the flowers and held them in front of her. He loved the fact she just stared at them for a second in disbelief. Newt kept a hand behind his back. She looked up at him with the brightest smile he had ever seen her wear. She took the Flowers and smelled them. Newt was glad he did it for her, she had deserved it. His thoughts were interrupted by Tina sneezing.

"Oh sorry! Must be-" She sneezed again.

"Merlin's beard! Are you alright?"

"Yes, I must be a-allergic, I've never had this problem with other flowers before" She said just before she sneezed again. Well, this was a buzzkill.

"I'm so sorry- I-I had no idea! I-I'm sorry, this night must've been terrible for you." Newt stammered, looking down. He felt extremely dreadful. Why did these things always seem to happen to him?

"Are you kidding? I've never had this much fun since last time you were here! This night was amazing." She ended with a sweet smile, making Newt feel slightly better. She took a step closer to him. He looked up at her, right into her eyes. They were exceedingly close together, usually Newt would back up and apologize, but he remained still, shallowly breathing. He looked at the flowers she was holding, he slowly drew his wand from his pocket and touched it gently to the flowers, changing them into a single rose. Tina looked down at the rose then up at Newt. She was beaming when his eyes met hers, something he rarely let happen. Tina leaned forward, wrapping her arms around him in a tight embrace. He stiffened, not expecting it. After a second he then relaxed, returning the hug. He had a hand around her waist, and one resting gently on the back of her head. He could feel her gentle breath, the way her head layed on his chest made him close his eyes and smile. They stood there, the snowflakes dancing around them, wrapped in each others arms as they forgot the world around them.

(A/N) AWW! I know, I know! "They should've kissed!" Chill guys! Not yet! Is this a start of a beautiful relationship? Or will it be cut short by unexpected events? The answer is Yes. This chapter is a little shorter, it was requested by a friend of mine. Sara. (The creature.) Because hey, allergies! It honestly quite sad seeing Newt feel so bad, but it didn't stay like that. Well, I think that's it. And I know you guys probably don't care, but I've been Third Person P.O.V head hopping. I spent my last few hours at school internally screaming after reading I was doing it wrong. So, I've been darting from thoughts between Newt and Tina, so each chapter will have one or two, but I knew it sounded weird. I apologize, I'm still a not so good writer, but I love writing. Please review how you like it! And at school, we have to write 400 words, I have 11,800 about right now haha. I think I'm good. Okay, not that's it. Remember, FEEDBACK! Love you guys! See you soon! (P.S. Sorry It was short. I haven't written anymore past this so new updates are gonna take a while, hope you guys understand!)~S