Chapter 13- Still Hope

Start from the beginning

He threw off the blankets and swung his legs over the bed. Newt debated whether he should go down or not. Jacob stood up.

"Coming?" He asked, in a more happy tone if anything.

"Oh, um, I will be in a second. I need to freshen up a bit."

Jacob nodded and headed out the door, leaving Newt alone. He also got up standing still, closing his eyes to relieve himself of the wave of dizziness that came over him.

"Better not be sick" He mumbled to himself, fixing the sheets on the bed.

It didn't really matter much, but he would rather not have a fever. He walked out and to the bathroom, the tile was cold under his bare feet. How his shoes got off was beyond him. Probably kicked them off while he was sleeping. He looked into the mirror, his hair looked like a tornado had come through and his eyes looked tired. He went to walk out and grab his comb when he remembered he didn't have it. He looked down, the comb from last night was still there. He felt a pang in his chest, what was there even to live for without his case? NO. He thought sternly. Don't think like that. He rid himself of the god-awful thoughts and brushed out his hair. He went over everything he had to be thankful for. His friends, his family, the things he never used to have. Me may have lost one thing, but he gained another. Newt stood in the mirror for a while thinking about the good things he had. He tried ignoring the fact he had thought such dark thoughts like that. He saw the faint line of the cut from a few days ago. It felt like years to him. He took a deep breath and tore himself away from the mirror walking out of the bathroom. He hadn't got down the first step when he felt the light-headedness that had plagued him earlier. He gripped the railing as hard as he could and took another careful step down. Slowly he had made it down to the bottom. He stood quietly, not wanting to make any sort of scene. The embarrassment he was feeling wasn't helping either, after all they've seen him gone through, no way would they ever treat him the same. The aroma downstairs distracted his thinking. It did smell heavenly. He heard the clanging of dishware and the whistling of a tea kettle, the typical sounds of a Sunday morning. He watched Tina walking to the table with some napkins when she spotted Newt.

"Oh, Newt! Your up!" She said setting down the table napkins. Queenie walked over.

"Good morning Mr. Scamander."

"Good Morning." Newt said quietly.

"You came just in time." Tina said, smiling. "Breakfast is just about ready. Omelets, Toast and Tea."

Newt looked over to Jacob, who looked proud of himself for guessing the menu items. Queenie chuckled, probably reading his mind. He caught a glimpse of Tina, who was still smiling brightly at him. He thought about his mental confession to her last night, he felt his ears grow hot just at the thought. Oh no. Trying not to look too hasty he glanced to Queenie, who had looked away just as he did, with a smile on her face. It was that smile she had given him the last time she read his mind. Please don't tell her He internally begged, trying to ensure she wouldn't know about his irrational feelings. Queenie looked back at him, still wearing the worrying smile. At that moment a part of Newt died.

"Want sugar in your tea, Newt?" Tina asked, incognizant to the war going on in Newts brain. He quickly regained himself.

"Er- Yes please."

Tina nodded her head and headed back into the kitchen. Queenie remained where she was.

"Please, don't tell her" He whispered. "Please, things are already-" He cut himself off, trying to think of the right thing to say.

"I don't have to, you heard me tell her already last night. I don't need to read minds to know you two have feelings for each other."

Newt went red again.