Chapter 21:Together Again

"Jack!!" Everyone greeted him happily as he walked into the dining hall for breakfast, his hand in mine. 

North picked him up in a giant bear hug as everyone gathered 'round, so excited to see him like himself again. 

"Good to have you well again, mate," Bunny said, putting his paw on Jack's shoulder. 

"Since when have you been so touchy?" Jack teased, flashing a brilliant white smile. 

"Shut up," he grumbled a little, shoving him a bit as Jack laughed. 

As everyone else took a turn to talk to him, Merida came over and stood by me,"Looks like things are getting back to normal, huh?"

Still looking at Jack, I smiled,"A little." 

She turned to face me so I did the same, knowing that she wanted to talk to me,"Hey, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for the way I've been treatin' ya these past months. It wasn't fair of me to discard you like that."

"Don't worry about it, Merida. I wasn't myself then," I responded politely. 

"Yeah, but I knew you were under Pitch's magic and whatnot and bein' hard-headed as I was, I should've been more of a friend to ya," she said sheepishly, playing with an arrow in her hand. 

I put my hand on top of hers and looked her in the eyes,"It's alright. I probably deserved it anyways." 

She laughed a little,"Sometimes, you kinda did."

I laughed too,"Well, that's not going to ever happen again. Because of the extraction thing hat Elsa did, Pitch and Gothel can no longer enchant me in any way, which goes for Jack too."

"That's a relief!!" She said, her face glowing with joy. "I'd hate to have to see anyone go through any of that again." 

"Then it's settled!! We shall have it tonight!!" North bellowed gladly, his arms in the air.

"What are ya up to now, North?" Merida asked him, smiling as she watched him get excited when she asked.

"Esa has ever so kindly planned a celebration for us tonight!!" He said. "We will have it down in the main hall and there will be music, dancing, cookies, and fun times to come!!" 

"What's it for?" I asked curiously, glancing at Jack who gazed at me romantically. I blushed a little when I saw it. 

"For you, Rapunzel," Elsa replied. 

"Me? But I haven't done anything greater than the rest of you have. This should be for all of us, not just me," I spoke to them, humbled and a bit shocked by their reason to celebrate. 

"Nonsense!!" Tooth said, moving her way forward so that she could face me,"You saved all of us."

"Not to mention that you overcame the dark mist that poisoned you to come find your friends," Elsa joined. 

"And not only that, but you risked your life to save everyone here, including mine," Jack added. "I think you very much deserve to have this party, Rapunzel." 

"You're forgetting that she also stood up to Pitch and Flynn and Gothel multiple times to save our hides. Mate, you may not feel worthy for this but to us, it's the least we could do," Bunny said. 

"You guys...I don't know what to say," I smiled, blushing madly as they all gathered around me. 

"You don't have to say anything. You've done enough already," Jack said, coming over to me and taking his hands into mine. 

"But what about Flynn? He's around here somewhere," I remembered, recollecting all of the events that had happpened last night before I had fallen asleep in Jack's arms as we sat by the fire.