Chapter 10:Remembering

Gasping, I woke up in cold sweat, trying to make sense of everything I had just experienced. I remember everything...well, mostly everything. I knew everyone, I knew Jack, I knew my past and all of the people who had effected my life. I had never felt so happy in my entire life!!

"Oh thank goodness you're awake," Jack's worried voice sounded from beside me. I turned my head to gaze upon him, feeling overwhelmed with joy at the sight of him.

"Jack!!" I exclaimed, throwing my arms around him. He didn't hesitate to hug me back, being gentle to make sure he didn't accidentally hurt me.

"I'm so glad you're okay," he said, smiling wide as tears stung the corners of his eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Jack...I should've done more to help you, to fight against Pitch," I said quietly.

Jack pulled away, confusion written all over his face,"What are you talking about, Rapunzel?"

"I remember, Jack...I remembering everything." I said, gazing into his icy blue eyes.

"Y-You remember me? You remember us?" He asked me, excitement growing inside him.

I smiled, nodding my head as I did. He laughed and picked me up, swirling me around in the air before putting me back down and pulling me into another hug,"I can't believe it...You're back!!"

I pulled away a bit, leaning into him and pressing my lips eagerly against his. He kissed me back with just as much desire, wrapping his arms around me comfortingly.

"I've missed you so much," he whispered, resting his forehead against mine, his eyes locked onto mine.

"I can't imagine the pain you must have gone through seeing me forget about you..." I said, my voice trailing.

He lifted up my chin with his finger,"It wasn't your fault. Don't think for a minute that it was."

"I should've-"

"No, I should've done more to protect you. If there is anyone to blame for what happened to you, it's me...It's my fault, not yours." Jack interrupted, breaking contact with my eyes briefly. I could see the guilt flooding his eyes when he spoke to me, regretting everything that had happened.

I placed a hand on his cheek,making him look at me as I spoke to him,"Jack, you did the best you could. None of it was your fault."

"But I-"

"Jack, don't do this to yourself. I'm here now, aren't I? Look at me, I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere," I reassured him.

He smiled and put a hand over mine,"That's something I love about you. You always know the right things to say."

I kissed him lightly on the lips for a brief moment before sitting back down on the bed.

"You know, you had me worried when you were sleeping," Jack said, leaning up against the wall casually, something that I always found attractive.

"Really? Why is that?" I asked curiously, bringing my legs up to my chest.

"You went unconscious almost immediately after I brought you into the infirmary a couple of days ago when-"

"Wait a sec, I've been out for two days!?" I interrupted, shocked that I was sleeping for so long.

Jack nodded,"Everybody was freaking out. They didn't know if you were gonna wake up or not. Your nose was also bleeding a lot too."

"No thanks to Flynn," I mumbled, recollecting the events that happened with him in my bedroom.

Jack tensed at the sound of his name. I could tell that he was hiding a lot of his anger from me, not wanting to break the good mood between us. "Well even after...that. Sandy thinks that the memories of us were supposed to be really hard to get to and when they were coming back, it was tremendously effecting you."