Eyes On Me ~ Melody 4 (The Last Melody)

Kohaku leaned her back then closed her eyes, enjoying the song since she rarely found her antique friend at the bar lately. This was the second time that she's lost her track. From the start, Kohaku knew that her best friend was the kind of creature that randomly come and go, appear and disappear as she please without any words; especially at the bar. She knew that the bar was her work place, but to know that she randomly and rarely showed up like this, only one thing popped out on her mind that Symphony was the owner of the bar. One by one the jigsaw puzzle pieces completed and she could guess some small riddles. The next riddle was the girl name 'Shia'; she could guess instantly that it was Symphony's name or nickname, but it's not that easy to conclude. If it's true that Shia was Symphony's name, then why did she fake her name?

"So let me come to you..
Closes I wanna be..
Close enough for me..
To feel your heart beating fast..
And stay there as I whisper..
How I love your peaceful eyes on me..
Did you ever know, that I have mind on you?
Darling so share with me..
Your love if you have enough..
Tears if you're holding back..
Or pain if that's what it is..
How can I let you know?
I'm more than the dress and the voice..
Just reach me out then, you will know that you're not dreaming..."

The sweet melody and the sweet words were synchronizing each other as the song came to the climax. Kohaku's amber eyes locked on the figure on the stage. The song was filling her head and she felt like couldn't escape from it.

"That's it!!" She snapped.

Before the song ended, Kohaku rushed out of the bar. Symphony looked at the front door dejectedly and after she's done with singing, she stepped to the usual room immediately.

"I should after her.." She mumbled by squeezing her chest.

She rushed out of the room to the front door of the bar that made all the customers startled and looking at her at once. It didn't bother her anymore since she's in hurry; but before she opened the door, someone pulled her hand.

"Where will you go, Symphony?" A worried face of the tenchou stopped her for a while, "what's wrong and why you're in hurry like that?"

Symphony smiled gently and without any words, she slowly opened the door then walked away. The blonde woman was standing there in confusion while staring at the front door which closing slowly.

Winter was getting closer as the temperature was dropping at almost 0°. Not many people passing by, besides those who works on that day. A warm sweater or jacket with a scarf were more than enough to warm their body at least until they arrived at their destination. In the midst of these people, there was a long straight black haired girl who was running as fast as she could without using any of those warming clothes. She didn't care of the cold which could bite her and kept running. She was worried of something. Could it be that she worried about her childhood friend?

"Kohaku-chan.." She mumbled.

At a certain place, she stopped and looking for Kohaku, but could find nothing. She's still looking for her while her mind started to think of some worse thought about her. What would happen to her after this? Did she know something? A strong cold gust hit her that made her stopped her legs. It was so cold and she could see some snowflakes falling down from the sky above her. It started snowing.

"I'm running out of time.." She's rubbing her hands, "Kohaku-chan, where are you?" Her tears flew.

As she stepped her feet, a tap on her shoulder startled her. She turned to the person behind her fast and saw Kohaku was there. It wasn't a coincident, because everything was determined by someone unknown. Kohaku grabbed Symphony's hand and once more she dragged her to a certain place. It was an abandoned place with mountains of broken cars and other vehicles. At the back of the junks, there was a building that had a medium size of a plank. It couldn't be read if they didn't come closer to it since it covered by rust and dirt.

"This place was once the place I knew.." Kohaku started conversation, "the place where I started my journey.."

Symphony could only listen to her while tried to calm down after the run before. It sure decreased her energy to run in a cold weather like that.

"I don't know it was a fun experience or not but still I'm annoyed.." Kohaku chuckled, "I didn't know since when but he's already there beside me in that van.. He smiled a lot and even didn't bother my rudeness.. I could see his loneliness in his eyes.. At first I thought that 'she' was his lover but now I know.." She looked at Symphony, "it's you, Sym.. No.. Shia.."

Symphony/Shia's eyes widen, "Ko.. Kohaku-chan..."

A gust enveloped them slowly as Kohaku opened her mouth and say something. Shia couldn't hear what she's saying that time.

"You know why didn't I respond to you when we met back then about I'm not suppose to be here, Shia?" Her tears flew, "I don't want to admit it, but the truth is I'm no longer exist here, right?" She wiped her tears, "that explains everything... You know from the start, right Shia?"

Shia gave a hug in sudden, "Kohaku-chan.. There's a van accident 3 years ago.. The van was rolled down into ravine and no one survived.."

"Include me..." Kohaku sighed lightly, pushing Shia back, "also that guy.. I'm not sure about his appearance, but his words still in my mind.. I have to say it to you.. Shia... He said that___"

Before Kohaku could finish her words, she disappeared slowly into sparkling lights before Shia. She grabbed Kohaku's hand to held it but it's too late. She's already gone as the snow fell down upon her, leaving the unfinished last puzzle.

"Even if you didn't remember his appearance, I already knew who he was... But... Now it's too late, Kohaku-chan.. I'm so sorry... We have to fulfill our destiny without you.. But to know why did he appear before you, I can't understand it... I wish I could hear his last words for me..."

Shia left that area in tears. She walked away and didn't return to the bar since then. No one knew where she went and they're just let it be. No one could understand her and the tenchou had to handle the bar by herself. The town was completely covered by snow as the Winter came. It was white, cold and smooth.

*****

A pair of ruby red eyes appeared in the darkness of the corner of a wide room in a mansion. It glared at a certain spot in that room, while the thunder and the storm were raging out side. The sky was completely as dark as night time; though it's suppose to be afternoon at that time. As the door opened, a shadow figure dashed unto it and disappeared, leaving a loud banged sound.