Eyes On Me ~ Melody 2

There was a small bar in the corner of the street in a certain town. Rumors said that it wasn't an ordinary bar and no one knew the real owner. All they knew was the manager was always there to take care of it.

A black haired girl in dark purple mermaid gown stepped out of the small stage to the back stage, avoiding the claps of the customers. She then sat down on the sofa in the opposite room of the bar and sighed heavily. There was a glisten of tears on her eyes, sliding down to her soft pink cheeks. She's gazing out the stars in the dark sky from the small window near her while humming a song she sang before. Enjoying the view and the time made her tears stopped. A knock startled her and as the door opened, she put a small smile on her face.

"You're not yourself today.." A young woman with short blonde hair peeking behind the door, "what's wrong, Symphony?" Her worry green eyes scanning the girl.

Symphony shook her head slowly, "nothing.." She smiled gently, "sorry to make you worry, tenchou-san.." She bowed then walked away.

The tenchou had been left in puzzled. Her face full of question marks that made her couldn't even move.

"Say, tenchou.. Did you pay her properly?" A young man with short straight navi hair and eyes walked in, "I heard rumors that she sings for free here.."

"Payment ?" The tenchou chuckled, "she doesn't even need that.." She shrugged.

A cold breeze blew as the dusk came. Some lamps along the street turned on and not many people passing by since it would be dangerous to have a walk in that hours, yet there was a girl who brave enough walking by herself on that street. She rubbed her hands to make it warm.

"He's no longer here, isn't he?" She mumbled.

All of sudden, she felt like someone was following her from behind. The footsteps sounded vague, but it's getting closer. Her heart throbbed fast and she began to run, but the more she ran the more this shadow figure getting closer. At a certain speed, a grab jolted her and made her fell down. As she started to scream, a hand covered her mouth.

"Ssssshhh!! Symphony, it's me!!"

A shoulder-length crimson red haired girl appeared before her, whispering and trying to calm her. Symphony was stunned by that girl's pair of amber eyes which looking at her sharply as a sign that she's not a thug or something like that. Symphony then nodded and after she calmed down a bit, the red haired girl pulled back her hand.

"What are you doing here alone, princess!?" The girl raised her eyebrow.

No need to respond her by words, a big hug was more than enough to tell her that she was glad to meet her. This dramatic reunion was ended as the red girl grabbed Symphony's shoulders then pushed her back off.

"I want an answer, not a hug!" She gave a snap on Symphony's forehead.

"I do nothing here.." Symphony pouted, rubbing her forehead, "same question for you, Kohaku-chan.. What are you doing here at this hour? You're not suppose to be here, aren't you?"

Kohaku grabbed Symphony's hand and without saying a word, she dragged her and went to the nearby park. She then sat down on a swing while Symphony was just standing across her.

"Still singing, Sym?" Kohaku moved the swing slowly, "it's been years and I miss you so much..." She smiled.

Symphony stared at her friend dejectedly. She squeezed her hands then took a deep breath and released it slowly, "Kohaku-chan... Don't you have to__"

"I will come to the bar tomorrow.." Kohaku stood up, "be there, ok.." She walked away, waving her hand.

It's too late to ask about when she's back here since she'd been in the other city for years. They're childhood friends and the last time they could play together was when they're 10 years old. The next thing they knew was they're separated from each other due to Kohaku's family problem. She also wanted to know about everything that red head girl had been through so far. So many questions in her head and she had no choice but postponed it until the next day.

****

"If it isn't our princess.." Said the tenchou who suddenly showed up in the room behind the bar, "it's rare to see you come here twice a week and even in a row... What brings you here today?"

Symphony bowed at her then with a single small smile she walked away. She didn't even give an answer, however the tenchou could guess that she would sing for someone. The tenchou knew her so well though she's not so close to that spoiled black head girl, but not her true identity. Symphony was a mysterious girl. No one knew her home and her family since she didn't even say a word about it. No one dare to ask or should it say no one care about it. All they knew was Symphony was already in the bar, singing a song and when she's done, she left with no word. She also rarely came to the bar, that caused most of the regular customers wondering and guessing what day she would be there since she randomly came to sing. Though she's like that, didn't make the customers left. With or without her, they could still enjoy the bar's food and drink.