Chapter 23: From Gentleman to Ladies Man

Dedicated to xLovEtoLivEx for the new cover (: Ignore typos and weird mistakes! Drama ahead, enjoy! 

* * *

“Turn.”

Pivoting around on my heel, I heave a deep, exaggerated sigh that sounded like a simple dress up session was causing me actual pain.

It was.

So maybe not physical pain, but pain nonetheless. The banquet was tonight, and I could officially say that I was nervous as hell. Adrian assured me more than necessary that everything would turn out okay and that we would only be there for two hours max before we left, but we all know how it goes.

There’s always that feeling. The uneasy churning of your stomach, the voice in your head that whispers constantly that something was going to go wrong. All the factors either foreshadow the storm to come, or diminish into thin air when all goes well.

But you don’t know until you have to go through the event that has your mind going into overdrive. And from then on, you have to go through the most agonizing part of this whole thing.

Waiting.

Waiting for hours. Listening to the ticks of the clock as it counts down the time before it’s time to find out if you were worrying for nothing, or that little voice in your head is going to say, “I told you so.” And this, my dear friends, is why I’m close to throwing up my lunch into the toilet.

Now that my dramatic monologue is over. . .

“It’s beautiful!” Came the excited shriek of Amber as she skipped into the room, clapping her hands with her eyes gleaming as excitement.

Currently, I stood in the middle of Kelly’s extravagant bedroom as she forced me into dresses for tonight. She invited the girls to come over, thinking that would help come down the storm in my stomach, but also wanted to get to know the girls I’ve been closely acquainted with since her leaving Miami.

“I agree,” Brynn chimed with a mouth full of food. I rolled my eyes, planting my hands on my hips as I stared down at the blonde from where I stood on a stool.

“Are you robbing the Chapmens’ pantry?” I asked her.

“It’s not robbing if we’re a guest,” she answered smartly, falling back into a white love seat with a bag full of chips.

Kelly laughed from behind me. I felt her nimble fingers pick at the dress that currently clung to my body. “It’s absolutely fine, hun,” she chuckled. Soon after, Dylan came in with a huge amount of various snacks and treats.

“Damn, it’s like a movie theater snack bar down there,” Dylan cried out, clearly impressed as she took a seat next to Brynn. She nodded at the dress. “You look sexy in that dress.”

My eyes narrowed, despite the heating of my cheeks. She smiled cheekily at me and popped a handful of red skittles in her mouth.

Childhood Crush | ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara